Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Roll Call

edited April 2006 in General Banter
Seems to be a lot of our members "missing" lately.

Frizzer?
Simon?
BSF?
Wolf? (he popped on here for ajust a few days, but haven't seen him lately)
Herman Hesse?
Knitwitch?
Buddhafoot? (oh, no, wait, he's on here as much as I am!)

Who else is MIA?

Comments

• PadawanPadawan Veteran
    edited March 2006
    **raises hand** I'm here! :wavey:

I've been rather busy offline, sorting out stuff with selling my flat and buying a new house.
  • federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator
    edited March 2006
    (Typical man. Can't multi-task......) :rolleyes: :crazy: :D
  • edited March 2006
    Here Miss!

I'm here everyday but I usually don't post very often and you're all usually asleep when I'm online (most of you anyway - Bridge, get some sleep!).
  • XraymanXrayman Veteran
    edited March 2006
    ???
  • BrigidBrigid Veteran
    edited March 2006
    Here Miss!

I'm here everyday but I usually don't post very often and you're all usually asleep when I'm online (most of you anyway - Bridge, get some sleep!).

LOL!!
    The back keeps me awake and sometimes lying down doesn't help so it's not unusual for me to be up during the wee hours. My doc wants me to take a sleeping aid and I don't want to but that may change, who knows? I'm trying to sleep for at least 8 hours at a time because that does my back the most good but I haven't been very successful lately. But I'm not suffering it at all. I love the peace and quiet at night, it's beautiful and makes me happy just thinking about it.

BSF, how cool that you're aware of the time on the other side of the planet. Nice mindfulness!

I'm here!! But you guys know that since I can't seem to keep the mouth shut lately. :buck:

Love,
    Brigid
  • buddhafootbuddhafoot Veteran
    edited March 2006
    Yes, I'm here to answer the call.

Answer the call.

Answer the call...

-bf
  • edited March 2006
    I'm here !

I'd been snowboarding in Norway last week and got back home last night.
    Just trying to catch up on what I've been missing ! :D
  • edited March 2006
    Hi Frizzer (aka...World Traveller)!

I forgot you were on a trip. How was snowboarding? I bet Norway is just beautiful.
  • edited March 2006
    The weather was beautiful and the snow was just right so we had a great time. I even had a go at driving a husky sledge round the frozen lake which was an experience, they can certainly run fast !

Here's a pic of the view from our window and also a pic of our hard working dog-sled team
  • edited March 2006
    Wow! What a view! That is beautiful. And how fun that you were able to drive a dog team! What an experience!
  • federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator
    edited March 2006
    Frizzer... that's exactly what our part of the world looked like recently!!

EDIT NOTE: Buddhafoot will be away on business and absent until this coming thursday or friday. End of edit. :)
  • edited March 2006
    I love the snow, as long as I don't have to drive in it!
    It was absolutely freezing though. I've been to France at this time of year and been able to snowboard in a T-shirt but this time it was strictly thermals and fleeces under our jackets.
    Brrrrrrrr!!!
    edited March 2006
    I'll have to see if I can download some pictures for you guys to see....
  • edited March 2006
    Cheers Fede!
    edited March 2006
    photo0240vn.jpg

This is the field next to our house....
    edited March 2006
    Sorry that these are so big..... this is the lane outside our front door...
    the snow had just about all gone by now... it had been about two feet deep at one point....

photo0231lw.jpg
  • edited March 2006
    That looks lovely, really rustic !
  • edited March 2006
    federica...first of all...I like your new glittery lips! And wow....I love wher eyou live! Like Frizzer said, it looks rustic! How pretty.
    edited March 2006
    No.... Where I live makes "rustic" look sophisticated....!! :grin:

Aren't the lips great? Gadgillions of little sequins and rhinestones....

Revlon, I think.... ;)
  • XraymanXrayman Veteran
    edited March 2006
    MMM.

Those lips look divine! in fact they're so good I'm thinking of heading straight to the surgery for some collagen/silicone/fat injections. mmm Yummy!

P.S. You know I've always wanted pert breasts too...

regards,
    Richard
  • edited March 2006
    Well, my hubby and I want to move this ranch in New Mexico, and it is DEFINITELY rustic! I can't wait to get there! And with a lot less snow than you have there.
  • edited March 2006
    Xrayman wrote:
    P.S. You know I've always wanted pert breasts too...

regards,
    Richard

Pert breasts.....LOL. Yea, me too.
  • XraymanXrayman Veteran
    edited March 2006
    Booking myself in, you coming Yogamama?
  • edited March 2006
    No, no, no, NO WAY. Even if it was free, I would never have any plastic surgery done. Thanks for the invite, though. Can I come along just to see them operate on you?
  • XraymanXrayman Veteran
    edited March 2006
    I know a girl that has taken a type of piil that enlarges breasts-i thought it was a load of hogwash-but apparently it works. (she's a big girl now!).

I'm not sure if you're in the UK, but she's from there-so i gather it is available for any "Sista' wantin' a little extra"-don't tknow why I wrote that-oh well.
  • edited March 2006
    Nope....I'm good...thanks for the offer though. :) I joke about wanting "pert breasts", but I really am ok with my own! I'm really an "all natural" kind of gal.
  • XraymanXrayman Veteran
    edited March 2006
    I understand. no worries.

regards,
    Xrayman

P.S. *thinking* But still, those pert breasts would look quite nice on me...
  • BrigidBrigid Veteran
    edited March 2006
    Frizz,

Gorgeous!!! AND dog sledding! How amazing! To my shame I live in the Great White North and have never gone dog sledding. But I live in the south and most of that happens in the way north.

Fede,

Those photos look like they could be taken where I live. It's just the same but with less fences and a little more wide open, if that makes sense. Nice little animal tracks on the left side of your lane.

Yoga,

New Mexico!! How cool! Isn't that where Georgia O'Keefe lived? She's one of my favourite artists. I love her!!

Xray,

Please seek help from a mental health expert. Your breasts are fine, I'm sure. As are your lips. And have you discussed this with your wife?

Love to all,
    Brigid
  • edited March 2006
    Has anyone heard from Simon??
  • edited March 2006
    And when does Buddhafoot get back? I need to pick on someone.
    edited March 2006
    Either tomorrow (thursday) or friday.... hang in there, lollipop...!:grin:
  • edited March 2006
    And what about Simon? Any word from him?
  • BrigidBrigid Veteran
    edited March 2006
    I was wondering about Simon, too.

I miss him a lot.

Brigid
  • edited March 2006
    I know Simon has been really busy recording voiceovers and generally getting out and about since his operation.
    I'm sure he'll be popping in again soon though.
  • edited March 2006
    Thanks for letting us know, Frizzer. Just wanted to make sure he was doing ok. We miss him!
  • edited March 2006
    I was just about to ask about Simon!! Thanks Frizz. I do remember him saying that he'd be busy.
    Buddha, did you go on holiday? or as we Americans would say, Didya go on vaca?
    edited March 2006
    I was just about to ask about Simon!! Thanks Frizz. I do remember him saying that he'd be busy.
    Buddha, did you go on holiday? or as we Americans would say, Didya go on vaca?

No.... no holiday or vacation - just business. But, I was able to take the girlfriend with me. Fun place to stay.

www.cdaresort.com

-bf
  • edited March 2006
    That looks gorgeous!! Some business trip!!!!!
  • edited March 2006
    Wow - that is a gorgeous place. How nice that you were able to take your girlfriend. I bet she loved it. Did she spoil herself at the spa there??
    edited March 2006
    YogaMama wrote:
    ... Did she spoil herself at the spa there??

Ummm..... .... yes.

I'm still hearing about her toes.

-bf
  • NirvanaNirvana aka BUBBA   `     `   South Carolina, USA Veteran
    edited April 2006
    Present. I've been looking on, mostly at Buddha-U and other time-consuming stuff. Haven't caught up enough to post there, yet. Probably not really qualified to post much there, anyhow. But the new newbuddhist is quite the Lady, ain't she? Melikes.

About 7 months ago my workload increased by 25%. Then 6 weeks ago, another 25% (most days). I must be crazy not to leave, but I did get away to the Beach for about a week and had no internet access there.

Present, but maybe a little too tired most of the time.

Love,

Nirvana
  • BrigidBrigid Veteran
    edited April 2006
    Be careful, Nirvana. Don't do what I did and work until you break your back.

Sometimes employers will lay on the work until breaking point and the only one who can speak up is yourself. Please tell them it's too much. It's not fair to you or your patients.

Personally, and I know this is selfish, but I just can't stand the thought of you being overworked like that. I know with me it was my pride and ego that allowed me to be exploited by my employers. But with you I think it might be you're big hearted nature? I know it's probably none of my business but I had to speak up just in case. Please don't let them exploit you because care workers like you are very rare and as a society we can't afford to work you until burn out or worse.

I have to think about one day going into care when my parents die and when I think about it you're the kind of care giver I would want. I can't imagine how much you've helped your patients and it just kills me when employers are unable to see the harm they do by adding work loads to already over worked care givers. It just ain't right.

With love and sympathy,
    Brigid
  • edited April 2006
    :wavey:
  • questZENerquestZENer Veteran
    edited April 2006
    Hey, everyone.

I've been reflecting on my posting behavior here in this site. It's not too interactive and for that, I apologize. I'm in a hectic time in my life--trying to get through my PhD and planning a wedding with my belle. All the while, I'm really working on mindfulness and being present.

Because I spend SO much time working, reading, writing, etc., I come here often without signing in just to spend time with you folks. I tend to be more the 'lurker' type on boards unless there's something I'm burning to say. This style of participation is a little more low key but I want everyone to know that I really love reading the threads and ongoing conversations a lot. It's a wonderful community. I feel like you're all people I know--and I do know you!

What's up with ZenMonk these days? It's been a while since he's posted...it was shortly after the discussion between he and Palzang that ZM seemed to recede into the mists of WI...

Peace!
    edited April 2006
    I think what he's trying to say is that we're all invited to the wedding.....!! :lol:

Nice to see you as ever, QZ.... ;)
  • BrigidBrigid Veteran
    edited April 2006
    questZENer wrote:
    Hey, everyone.

I've been reflecting on my posting behavior here in this site. It's not too interactive and for that, I apologize. I'm in a hectic time in my life--trying to get through my PhD and planning a wedding with my belle. All the while, I'm really working on mindfulness and being present.

Because I spend SO much time working, reading, writing, etc., I come here often without signing in just to spend time with you folks. I tend to be more the 'lurker' type on boards unless there's something I'm burning to say. This style of participation is a little more low key but I want everyone to know that I really love reading the threads and ongoing conversations a lot. It's a wonderful community. I feel like you're all people I know--and I do know you!

What's up with ZenMonk these days? It's been a while since he's posted...it was shortly after the discussion between he and Palzang that ZM seemed to recede into the mists of WI...

Peace!

Well said! I feel like I know all of you as well. It's great.
    I was wondering the same thing about Genryu.

Brigid