Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Comments

• buddhafootbuddhafoot Veteran
    edited March 2006
    Impermanence at it's most amazing.

250 years old... wow!

Quite a story - thanks for sharing.

-bf
  • edited March 2006
    I know - isn't that amazing? 250 years old! I wish I could have met the little guy!
  • federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator
    edited March 2006
    Well smack my hand and damn my Mind.....!!
    Right View, Right Intention.....:grr: :grin:
  • BrigidBrigid Veteran
    edited March 2006
    federica wrote:
    Well smack my hand and damn my Mind.....!!
    Right View, Right Intention.....:grr: :grin:

Huh? I don't get it.

I wonder if that tortoise ever had a chance to mate. Amazing. Can you imagine how tired we'd be if we lived for 250 years? But it would sure give us a lot of time to pratice. :grin:

Brigid
  • edited March 2006
    I don't get it either, federica! Were you thinking some naughty thoughts or something??
    edited March 2006
    My first thought was of how much change has taken place in the world while this tortoise lived.

-bf
  • federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator
    edited March 2006
    YogaMama wrote:
    I don't get it either, federica! Were you thinking some naughty thoughts or something??

I'm afraid so......
  • edited March 2006
    naughty thoughts about a 250 year old turtle???!!! You French people are weird. ;)
    edited March 2006
    YogaMama wrote:
    naughty thoughts about a 250 year old turtle???!!! You French people are weird. ;)

Amen.

-bf
  • edited March 2006
    Yea, even Buddhafoot didn't have naughty thoughts about the poor old turtle.
    edited March 2006
    ........You don't know that fer shure now, do ya...?;) :D
  • edited March 2006
    I know fer shure that you French people are weird!!!

Yes, you are right...BF probably did have some freaky thoughts, but he actually kept them ti himself this time.