Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Anybody in Boston (Waltham)? / Where are you?

conradcookconradcook Veteran
edited February 2012 in Sanghas
Do you have a meetup you go to regularly?

C.

Comments

• Sorry...I'm in the armpit of the world, Houston. Planning to move somewhere tropical...good luck.

(Pours op a cup of tea)
  • It might be nice to connect with local people here, but I'm sadly not from your area.
  • I should've made a more general-purpose thread, "Where are you?"
  • What do u mean by meet ups?
  • I'm in michigan. A number of us NBists are from Michigan. I live in Grand Rapids which is a midsize city.

beautiful michigan

• I'm wondering if people go to meditation groups or any such, and if people know other NB members offline.

Conrad.
  • There's a ton of sanghas in the Boston area. I haven't been to nearly enough of them but...

I used to sit with a sangha affiliated with "Boundless Way" in Backbay at the Unitarian Church on Marlboro St. They've moved to a new home in Cambridge. Also in Cambridge there is the Zen Buddhist Center (or something like that).

I live in JP and I find it very hard to find a "convenient" sangha to attend. However, Boston definitely has a lot of people who get together to sit. If you find a good one Conrad, let me know, I'm always looking for new people to sit with.

Google Boston sanghas
  • cazcaz Veteran United Kingdom Veteran
  • karastikarasti Breathing Minnesota Moderator
    I haven't met anyone here even from my same state yet, lol. I live in very far north eastern Minnesota, I'm about 10 miles from the Canadian border. Almost 300 miles NNE of Minneapolis.
  • I'm out in Clinton. I used to goto the worcester zen center
  • EugeneEugene Explorer

I go to a Nichiren Shu temple in Haverhill, MA. The folk are very warm and welcoming, and the shonin/priest is very laid-back. As Nichiren Shu is the "noisy Buddhist" group, the services on Sunday have a lot of chanting; but they also have a Shodaigyo meditation service on Wednesday evenings. I like the temple, although I haven't joined officially yet.

• federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator

Very old thread, @Eugene... not many active members here. start a new thread...

This discussion has been closed.