Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

My E-mail to Timothy Leary's Publishing Company

edited February 2012 in Arts & Writings
Timothy Leary is my absolute icon. There are some others who I absolutely love as well, that I truly feel 'get it.' In the course of my reading, as I contemplated and became more and more knowledgeable on all of these issues, I found a few other people who were among my idols, most favorite authors. After some time of reading these people, I came to find out that they were all published by one Publishing Company. That was "New Falcoln Publications," you guys. My dream is to be an author, and it would be my absolutely perfect fantasy if I could get published by the same Company as Timothy Leary. Now, despite the fact that you published other authors who are among among my favorite, they do not mean as much to me as Timothy Leary. I feel that he is perhaps the most brilliant mind of all time. It is unbelievable to me that he gets so little recognition, in terms of real respect. Despite this, I know the best time for his legacy is still ahead of us. These men, especially Leary, were intelligent far beyond their time. Here's the kicker, though. They're still far ahead of the times today! As our Intelligence Increases(I^2), we will more and more recognize their incredible genius, and their work will be the guideposts along further development of knowledge and wisdom.

I hope to carry on this tradition. I have thoroughly studied, and seriously considered believing for myself, many different systems of thought. This ultimately led me to a sort of undeniable truth of the paradox. Nothing is true, therefore all things are on an equal plane of truth. "Reality Tunnels." Timothy Leary said something along the lines of "Truth is what is subjectively true based on the wiring of the nervous system." An open embrace of the unknown, the chaos, is clearly the guiding principle of a whole new dimension of evolution. This evolution is, of course, the activation of Post-Terrestrial Circuits of Consciousness. We now have the means, particularly the communicative technology, required to empower the masses as Reality-Creators, preparing for migration off the womb-planet. Various other scientific and technological advancements are being made, particularly quantum-physics, Neurology, the Genetic Code, imprinting(not necessarily widely accepted, in terms of accepting the imprinting theory on humans, although it is accepted with animals) of the Nervous System, especially aided through usage of certain drugs, and last, and perhaps most importantly, the Internet. The Internet is perhaps the most important invention in the history of mankind, and I am proving that now seeing as I am e-mailing the Publishing Company that published my idol, Timothy Leary, along with an attachment to a PDF file of a sort of mini-book, "The Journey"(TheJourney being my primary online name), which comes with all sorts of amazing images, colors, and fonts. If this all works out, and I am able to become successful like I know I should, it will be an absolute testament to the new Medium, the Internet. I will do everything in my power to progress Human Thought.

So I have been writing a lot, for quite some time now. I have written so much about so many different topics. Recently, my intelligence and creativity and motivation has just been off the roof. Everything is coming together so quickly, and I know that this is all meant to be. Everything works out in such a way, that the timing is undeniable. (Coincidence Control Center(C.C.C.) as I call them in my mini-book) I know it is my destiny to get in the public eye so that I can help humanity advance in incredible ways.

Comments

• I don't mean to be rude, but I am curious.. dude, can you break down your belief into kindergarden level for us lowly sentient beings. Thank you.

You are clearly passionate and I honor that but I have a hard time catching on...so what's the point, if a simple person can't understand.

With love.
  • I don't mean to be rude, but I am curious.. dude, can you break down your belief into kindergarden level for us lowly sentient beings. Thank you.

You are clearly passionate and I honor that but I have a hard time catching on...so what's the point, if a simple person can't understand.

With love.
    Well, I have many writings I have done. What I posted in my PDF was just my most recent writings. When you get the broad context, through my various writings, you will be able to understand.
  • DaltheJigsawDaltheJigsaw Mountain View Veteran
    Great, great thread! :) I really like Timothy Leary!
  • federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator
    Seriously?

You may find yourself joining the big pile of rejects.

Anyone submitting a piece of work for publication, needs an agent, or publishing companies won't even consider a manuscript to read.
    They need someone professional to back it and deem it worthy of publication, and an agent will look your work over and tell you whether there's a market.
    (J.K.Rowling was turned down by 13 different agents, and 10 publishers before she gor her big break....)
    and if that market is being tapped by guys like Timothy Leary, who's a big name, they're not going to consider something that could, say, tread on toes.....so you may have to find another publisher....
    Find a reliable agent who can support your ambition.

First.
    good luck.
  • Couldn't you self publish...even online?
  • CinorjerCinorjer Veteran
    edited February 2012
    Passion is good. But, here's what you need to do, if you want to be published. Yes, I'm a published writer, so I do know what I'm talking about.

First, posting your work on the web counts as prior publishing and a publisher wants first publishing rights, so don't post any writing where the public can get to it, if you want to sell it to anyone else. This book you've linked to? If you want someone to publish it, take the link down now if that is the case.

Second, you don't need and won't get an agent if you are unpublished and not famous in some way. Just not going to happen. Bummer, but I did say you don't need an agent to start. For first time authors, use the internet to find publishers and small press companies and even online webzines that accept submissions. Then read their submission guidelines and follow them exactly. And I mean exactly, down to the font they want to see. Usually, you'll need a cover letter, a synopsis of the work if fiction, and sample chapters or if poetry, sample poems.

Lastly, you can self publish on the internet using online sites like Smashworlds or even Amazon.com. Many very good writers are doing this now, promoting their own work, and selling ebook format. Do your research, and remember, you don't pay publishers anything to get published. They pay you royalties.

Hope this helps.
  • federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator
    :thumbsup: great post, @Cinorjer, thanks.
  • Do your research, and remember, you don't pay publishers anything to get published. They pay you royalties.
    Thank you! This part was especially helpful! :)
  • I got a response from New Falcoln...

"Our funds are committed until the end of 2013 for new projects. If you have funds available, we can make some arrangements and offer you a larger royalty than normal."

So I really don't know a whole lot about publishing and stuff. How should I take it? I mean, it sounds good, cuz it sounds like they are showing interest. But then they ask if I have funds available. So idk. What do you think? Cinorjer especially, could you provide some advice/knowledge?
  • edited February 2012
    I'm actually having a fast-paced back and forth email convo with them right now? :eek: That's gotta be a good sign, right? Talking about publishing me, and responding very quickly to my emails.
  • Good luck with it - interesting topic.
  • I got a response from New Falcoln...

"Our funds are committed until the end of 2013 for new projects. If you have funds available, we can make some arrangements and offer you a larger royalty than normal."

So I really don't know a whole lot about publishing and stuff. How should I take it? I mean, it sounds good, cuz it sounds like they are showing interest. But then they ask if I have funds available. So idk. What do you think? Cinorjer especially, could you provide some advice/knowledge?
    Do some googling of the publisher before anything else. See if anyone dealing with them has complaints. Authors are out there sharing their experience. One person complaining isn't a deal breaker, but pay attention if a pattern develops. The rest is looking at what's being offered, and don't let your desire to be published override your common sense. What is the publisher doing to earn their large share of the royalties? If all they're doing is listing it on their website while you have to promote it and send copies you pay for to reviewers, etc, then consider self publishing and keep all the profit.

It really doesn't cost much to publish a book anymore, not with print on demand and ebook sales. It's time and effort and there are some costs, of course. You have to start researching your options on the net.

Good luck!
  • I'm more into non-fiction.
  • DakiniDakini Veteran
    edited February 2012
    I'm more into non-fiction.
    Me, too. Non-fiction all the way.

Cinorjer's advice is very sound--to not get carried away, to keep a level head and do some research on the outfit.

Yes, good sign that they're responding to you. Encouraging, at least.

• Comic sans is SUICIDE in the publishing world. Haha, just joking, but check your personal comments! I left you one.