Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Is this a New Buddhist community as in 'Novice' Buddhist?

edited February 2012 in NewBuddhist.com
Must have originally misunderstood the 'New Buddhist' moniker when I stumbled upon this community. But let me try to clarify -- can someone enlighten me whether this is 'new' as in 'novice', or 'new' as in 'sick and tired of the self-proclaimed, self-appointed Buddhist 'masters', ready for trying to build new Buddhist community"?

Comments

• BrianBrian Detroit, MI Moderator
    Hi @NigelArt. I just recently answered this question so I'll link you to it:

What NewBuddhist is all about.

Welcome to the community!
  • Hi @NigelArt. I just recently answered this question so I'll link you to it:

Thanks Brian. I feel like a complete jerk now, because quite frankly I thought it's the community of seasoned Buddhist practitioners who are wanting to breach out into something new.

My presence here is completely wrong, as I've been doing intense Buddhist practice for over 30 years.

Apologies to everyone who've I've inadvertently ruffled -- I thought all you guys were old hands at Buddhism. This now explains it all (for me).

I will now get rid of my highly inappropriate posts and will cease and desist and disengage. Wishing everyone every possible luck and happiness!
  • Hi @NigelArt. I just recently answered this question so I'll link you to it:

Thanks Brian. I feel like a complete jerk now, because quite frankly I thought it's the community of seasoned Buddhist practitioners who are wanting to breach out into something new.

My presence here is completely wrong, as I've been doing intense Buddhist practice for over 30 years.

Apologies to everyone who've I've inadvertently ruffled -- I thought all you guys were old hands at Buddhism. This now explains it all (for me).

I will now get rid of my highly inappropriate posts and will cease and desist and disengage. Wishing everyone every possible luck and happiness!
    Couldn't find a way to delete my profile. Can someone point me in the right direction? Thanks.
  • I feel like I have had the same misunderstanding! lol
  • I said this the last time Brian posted his New Buddhist statement, but I'll say it again.
    It would be great, really helpful, if his definition could be posted somewhere permanently, for everyone's reference. It's a great statement. Could there be a "sticky note" thread, or an orientation and welcome thread? We used to have a welcome thread.
  • LincLinc Site owner Detroit Moderator
    The site is targeted at novices, but of course experienced practitioners are welcome and encouraged to talk to those novices. A site of only novices obviously doesn't help anyone. There is an Advanced Ideas category for more involved topics, so we have designated space for that too.
  • I said this the last time Brian posted his New Buddhist statement, but I'll say it again.
    It would be great, really helpful, if his definition could be posted somewhere permanently, for everyone's reference. It's a great statement. Could there be a "sticky note" thread, or an orientation and welcome thread? We used to have a welcome thread.
    +1. I feel terrible now that I've learned that y'all are just a bunch of wannabes. Please forgive my intense behaviour:) Just show me how to destroy my membership, and I'll be on my way.
    "wannabes". Well, this conversation was civil until you got condescending. Sigh.
  • There's no way to delete your membership or your posts.

You were told along about page 3 of your main thread that it's a forum for newbies. You might like Dammawheel, if you haven't tried it.
    Dear everyone: Even those doing "intense Buddhist practice for over 30 years" can be total dicks. Just goes to show that you can do all the practice in the world, but if you're a jerk, what good is it?
This discussion has been closed.