Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Place to store/reference library

XraymanXrayman Veteran
edited April 2006 in NewBuddhist.com
Dear Brian,

Just thought of something-is there sufficient space (or whatever) to have a kind of library here ? like Buddhanets?

many times people quote some obscure or unusual links that would be really handy if you could go to the text here at newbuddhist.

possible???

regards,
Xray
:ausflag:

Comments

• BrianBrian Detroit, MI Moderator
    edited April 2006
    Possible yes... I have to figure out the technical aspects. Can you point me to a link of an example? I'm not at all familiar with buddhanet. :)
  • XraymanXrayman Veteran
    edited April 2006
    okay.

I think all you need is a subject heading-probably very much like what you already have here and call it Reference Area, E-Books, Library, and people could post the entire document that they reference in their posts-but it would alleviate the typical beginner's question of where would I find out more information/where do I start /what do I read etc.

e.g. http://www.buddhanet.net/ftp12.htm

regards,
    Richard.
  • BrigidBrigid Veteran
    edited April 2006
    I think this would be a wonderful addition to this site. I've often spent hours going through threads to find a particular quotation or reference and would have loved to have one place to go to find stuff. This would be really great, especially since we have some people on this forum who have tons of resources and who have done so much work coming up with references and stuff.

Thanks for considering it, Brian.

Brigid
  • BrianBrian Detroit, MI Moderator
    edited April 2006
    I've found a module that can do it. I'll work on it tonight :)
  • XraymanXrayman Veteran
    edited April 2006
    cool!

One other idea I thought of, was perhaps moving or mirroring the "articles" page from the home page of newbuddhist, and shifting it to this discussion forum in a similar vein to the library idea-where talented people *wink wink* could send their articles/ideas to a central repository.

regards,
    Xray
  • edited April 2006
    this sounds like a great idea, especially for someone who is still very new to the path. It will make it alot easier in the sense that I can just stay here on this site, I like it here alot but frequently see posts that I google to get the answers to. Although I'm sure someone would answer if I asked, hehe. This board/forum is great Brian. Thanks alot for having it!!!
  • BrigidBrigid Veteran
    edited April 2006
    YAAAYYYYY!!!

You're a doll, Brian!

Thanks!

Brigid
  • XraymanXrayman Veteran
    edited April 2006
    Any news? where are you at with this Brian?