Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

hello all

edited April 2006 in Buddhism Basics
Hello,

Just introducing myself, I recently stumbled upon the teachings of the buddha and after much research and reading, I must admit that I feel as if I was meant to learn the teachings of the buddha.

Up to this point in my life, I have never followed an organized religion such as christianity or catholocism, but after coming across buddhism I really feel this is where I really belong.

Once I started reading some of the texts and information about buddhism, it's as if all the doubts about reality and questions I have always asked myself in everyday life in regards to our perception, are answered directly through buddhism.

It's quite eerie, I am very excited to begin learning the teachings of the buddha and hope that I find the path and follow it appropriately.

thank you for any advice and insight you might be able to give me

Sean

Comments

• federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator
    edited April 2006
    erm....sorry dkode, but this is a Mormon site....

JUST KIDDING!!

But it gives you a bit of a taster as to what will follow....

Sorry....
    it's my birthday today....
    indulge me...!!
    Welcome and nice to meet you!
  • edited April 2006
    well happy birthday federica. thanks for the warm welcome!
  • BrianBrian Detroit, MI Moderator
    edited April 2006
    Welcome dkode. Your story sounds like mine and so many others' :)

Welcome to our site!
  • edited April 2006
    thank you very much!

My significant other and I are very excited and hope to advance our understandings of life and ourselves in the pursuit to help all others.
  • BrigidBrigid Veteran
    edited April 2006
    Hi, dkode.

Welcome!
    Nice to see you.

Brigid
  • edited April 2006
    dkode wrote:
    Up to this point in my life, I have never followed an organized religion such as christianity or catholocism, but after coming across buddhism I really feel this is where I really belong.

This is the exact feeling I got when I started researching Buddhism. Something just clicked. I had been practicing basic karma ideals but that was about as far as I went and didn't even know it had to do with Buddhism. I've only been studying for 4-5 months but it has been the best 4-5 months in a long time. Good luck!!!