Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Buddhist Flow Chart

edited February 2012 in Arts & Writings

Comments

• I always hated this. Doing stuff is hard which is a problem. And Not having a solution to a problem doesn't solve the problem.
  • federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator
    I always hated this. Doing stuff is hard which is a problem. And Not having a solution to a problem doesn't solve the problem.
    you're not understanding the point, though I can see yours.....

• I always hated this. Doing stuff is hard which is a problem. And Not having a solution to a problem doesn't solve the problem.
    I think it's possible to turn problems into something quite brilliant. I am an alcoholic and had serious problems with alcohol, and - with help - it's turned into something beautiful. I'm seriously lucky to have been an alcoholic; it's truly the best thing that happened to me; it even led me to Buddhism.

Also, not so long ago I also smoked and was overweight, and physically not in very good shape. Yes it was a problem and when I hit that 'hard place' I stopped the smoking, started eating better, and have been running regularly. I'm now quite a fit guy who runs regular running races.

And I think it's a very 'Buddhist thing' to transform something 'bad' into something 'good'.

A positive mental attitude is crucial to develop though.

• DandelionDandelion London Veteran
    Brilliant! So simple... really... I like this a lot. It's good for the Monkey Mind.
  • reminds me of this:

;)
  • lol, dii maak!
  • federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator
    555!
  • or do you mean +555?
  • ha ha ha
    Ah yess, indeed. the ever-important +....!
  • lol, well in thai culture instead of 'lol' on the net, they type +555 as 'five' in thai sounds like 'ha'
  • http://thedailyenlightenment.com
    If how you perceive your experience
    motivates you to be more good or evil,
    it is correspondingly truly good or bad for you.

- Stonepeace

• A problem is only a problem if you interpret it as a problem. If a person views a "problem" as something neutral or even something positive, then the problem disappears.

In theory anyway :D
  • possibilitiespossibilities PNW, WA State Veteran
    @Jeffrey -- I like that site! Thanks.
    If there's no solution, then it's not a problem in the first place