Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

2 thoughts

AMHAMH
edited February 2012 in Philosophy
And this may not be advanced. I don't seem to remember the terms and vocabulary very well.

* one is that although I don't seem to know and recall all the teaching part of Buddhism, it just isn't sticking in this brain, I have had an easy time doing any of the practices suggested such as metta which is not a challenge but tonglen and then my own 'free-form' focused meditation. I also have worked a lot in other traditions on specific compassionate prayer type practices. It is more a challenge to buffer this at times.
* the other is that I really spend a lot of time in a compassionate "I don't care" mode. I can see what others are concerned about and I listen to understand that, and a lot of human interaction is starting to make less sense to me. I have recently been noticing how much incredible time and complication comes from all the thoughts and feelings added to a situation rather than just saying "this happened, we need to do this next...." and without adding further emotional and thought to the process.

Okay, move this if it needs it. I am sure there are names and explanations for all this that are important.