Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Hullo!

I just joined this forum and thought I should post to say hi. This looks like a great place, very friendly and informative, and I'm looking forward to chatting with you all :grin:
There's not much to my story really - I'm 20, English, and a bit of an opinionated atheist. I've always had trouble entertaining the notion of a god, and within the last couple of years have rejected it entirely, but until I discovered Buddhism I've had a few issues equating my ethical beliefs with my enthusiasm for science. I've been reading books and internet resources on Buddhism lately and feel I have already made a huge change to my life by following the advice I have found.
...Oh, and you have some great smilies, by the way :ukflag:

Comments

• federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator
    edited April 2006
    Hello Whitey!!
    Greetings from an ex-pat and fellow seeker...nice to have you aboard...

It is customary to go into the lotus lounge, tear all your clothes off arnd run around like a banshee....

Just kidding....!
    We've got a thread for new members, and we'd love you to put your patch in there...If you're feeling brave, you might even like to post a photo in the members' photo (rogue's) gallery....!
    Thank you for joining us!!

The smileys are great, aren't they - ?!
  • edited April 2006
    Aah, trust me to post in the wrong place! I might have a couple of pictures lying around, but my banshee impression is a little rusty I'm afraid ^_^