Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Paintings

RichardHRichardH Veteran
edited March 2012 in Arts & Writings
@Dandelion . Here are some more canvases. the horizontals 5ft wide, the vertical 6ft tall.

Comments

• @Dandelion . Here are some more canvases. the horizontals 5ft wide, the vertical 6ft tall.
    Wow, I can really appreciate your skill here. I make my art with a computer and you with your brush and pencil etc. They are totally amazing, great work @RichardH
  • RichardHRichardH Veteran
    edited March 2012
    well why don't you post something in this thread then Tom? and Dandelion too?

it ain't a competition... besides I've been critically raised up and trashed so many times I'm not fishing for compliments.. just want to show a bit of ordinary life here. step out views and opinion and counter-opinion.. :banghead: :dunce:
  • These are great. Did you use oil paints?

http://alhong.com/links.html

I've taken a break on art making, but its always nice to exchange art, etc.

Have you heard of audrey kawasaki?
  • You are very good at capturing light.
  • Most of my works have been on here I am sure, if they are photography, photoshop artwork etc. But okay, I will post what I am most proud of. By the way, your painting of the sky in an almosy turquoise blue, that seems as if it may have been inspired by picasso, man I may be wrong with the artist but you understand me I am sure.

Anyway here are my digital works.. My work is varied though with regards to what I do.

• Most of my works have been on here I am sure, if they are photography, photoshop artwork etc. But okay, I will post what I am most proud of. By the way, your painting of the sky in an almosy turquoise blue, that seems as if it may have been inspired by picasso, man I may be wrong with the artist but you understand me I am sure.

Anyway here are my digital works.. My work is varied though with regards to what I do.

Love it. Thanks!

• These are great. Did you use oil paints?

http://alhong.com/links.html

I've taken a break on art making, but its always nice to exchange art, etc.

Have you heard of audrey kawasaki?
    Thankyou! it is great to see what you do.. there is a lot of talent on this forum...lots of different kinds of talent..

I'm old school analogue... oil on canvas

• Oil on canvas is something I need to play with.
    I only use Acrylic because I am very impatient with paint and it's drying time.

For about a month straight my students and I have been working with ceramics.

Man I love moldy clay. The smell, the texture. Nothing like building shit.
  • Oil on canvas is something I need to play with.
    I only use Acrylic because I am very impatient with paint and it's drying time.

For about a month straight my students and I have been working with ceramics.

Man I love moldy clay. The smell, the texture. Nothing like building shit.
    Oil tends to be more toxic... because of the solvents, and drying agents. It requires more care in that way..... but it is a flexible medium, because you can calibrate handling style over a period of many hours. The paint handles differently when first applied in the morning, than in the evening after a day of being worked.... so the kind of effects you can achieve changes over the course of the day.. very cool. it took a long time to develop an intuitive comfort and facility with colour mixing.

My wife took a ceramics course at a local college and loved it. I have done some modelling but have stuck to what worked for me in terms of livelihood.

:)
  • DandelionDandelion London Veteran
    Richard, the third one I especially love.. big paintings too... 5ft/6ft... ahh a labour of love. I am attached to painting I have to say.
    Tom, you're work is wonderfully varied.. I also think your photo's are stunning (facebook ones that I've seen). Creativity is like a big fat cushion... you just want to sink into it and never get up and do anything else lol!
  • wow.. love it... that looks gloriously obsessive!! :thumbsup:

.... attached?...me too .. it's better than being attached to...say .... a gun collection. :D
  • DandelionDandelion London Veteran
    Thanks Richard.
    Lol, Yes, I agree - much better to have a non violent obsession. I am obsessed with detail.. it feels like medicine.
  • Yes @Dandelion you are correct lol, I would rather reside in that cushion than a mediation cushion for 20 minutes. Thanks for the compliments, much appreciated. I have yet to make much use of all these different styles though, the odd graphic design job okay, but that is about it. I have yet to see a vairety of your work ms dandelion :p
  • @Dandelion I LOVE your wall creation, it is truely unique and wonderful, it must have taken a lot of collecting and a lot of time. :thumbsup:
  • DakiniDakini Veteran
    Wow, these are yours, RichardH? Do you sell these anywhere? The last one looks like it could be a poster for an event.
  • http://www.richardhermanart.com/index.html
    Some of these are pretty much photo-realistic!! Richard seriously has some talent. Amazing!
  • Richard one of your beautiful paintings reminded me of a February moon on the NASA website here is the link...it was the halo that captivated me. You paint from the soul.

http://apod.nasa.gov/apod/ap120211.html
  • Woah, Richard. Those are amazing. I wish I had some artistic talent.
  • Kinda hopin other people would post stuff...... doesn''t have to be slick
  • This is my first painting. I'm not too good.

"Ethereal Forest"
  • @bekenze you're painting made me smile.
    Thank you
  • Thanks Bekense!
  • I don't have any paintings, I did a freehand drawing of a tiger though which was okay IMO.

But Like I said I mainly have photoshop work, Here is some more stuff.
  • I draw a little bit...been taking lessons for a while.
  • I draw a little bit...been taking lessons for a while.
    It shows, pass your teachers contacts on to me please! But seriously, if some famous modern artist did something similar, they probably would make a lot of money out of it some how. Out of curiosity, if you did draw this, did you draw it simply without much thought as to what you were going to draw and how?
  • You are so talented @RichardH. Thanks for sharing your gift with us.

• I take snapshots of nature...I guess that's art. I crochet...nothing fancy, just Afghans and Aran sweaters.

• If i remember correctly i started with acryl pigments and then put oil on top on it, not sure anymore, canvas is 50x40cm:

• If i remember correctly i started with acryl pigments and then put oil on top on it, not sure anymore, canvas is 50x40cm:

Looks very neural...

• Looks very neural...
    Yeah it shows two neurons interacting with each other. Was a birthday present for my sister who worked in the field of behavioral biology.

• @Richard that is amazing & beautiful what you have captured.

I enjoy looking at what other people see in the world, and you all are very good at capturing what you see.

I only ever did 2 oils in High School, it was fun but definite hard work for me. When I was younger I would pick a place outside for my daughter to play for the afternoon, and draw whatever I saw. I am not sure where those paintings & drawings have been stored, but I am sure I still have them somewhere (possibly in CA with my X). Most of them were scenic, some from my head of days that had passed, but mostly from whatever was there was in front of me. My artistic talents went dormant some time ago :(. My favorite thing was always drawing capturing all the lines and shadows of things with a simple pencil and paper at hand.
  • @RichardH: I love the middle painting with the moon and stars. Great atmosphere. Are there any art prints available?
  • Hi ihepf... thanks for the compliment , but I want to poke iron rabbit in the eye :D for posting my link , and am really just interested in sharing the pictures we do..... professional... non-profession...for fun...for therapy...for the hell of it..

BTW it's hilarious that you gave that picture to your sister as a birthday present!

• BTW it's hilarious that you gave that picture to your sister as a birthday present!
    why is it?
  • because she worked in the field of behavioral biology...and it's a painting of neurons..

I love it!..
  • because she worked in the field of behavioral biology...and it's a painting of neurons..

I love it!..
    ah, ok. yeah, that was the reason why i used that motive, apart from the fact that i was into neurons and neurostuff too at that time. ;)
  • IronRabbitIronRabbit Veteran
    edited March 2012
    Hi ihepf... thanks for the compliment , but I want to poke iron rabbit in the eye :D for posting my link.....

Maybe a pike in the eye would be more apropos..

tee-hee...
  • federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator
    edited March 2012
    Y-M-C-A....... come on, sing everyone!

(I'm sorry, i couldn't resist it.....)
  • IronRabbitIronRabbit Veteran
    edited March 2012
    Y-M-C-A....... come on, sing everyone!

(I'm sorry, i couldn't resist it.....)
    Fede making taking a piss an art form........

(couldn't resist either...)

Cheers.

• Haha Richard got outed!
    Darling, I think we all saw them! And we want more!
    Hi ihepf... thanks for the compliment , but I want to poke iron rabbit in the eye :D for posting my link , and am really just interested in sharing the pictures we do..... professional... non-profession...for fun...for therapy...for the hell of it..

BTW it's hilarious that you gave that picture to your sister as a birthday present!
    :bow: :bow: :bow:

• Haha Richard got outed!
    Darling, I think we all saw them! And we want more!
    Hi ihepf... thanks for the compliment , but I want to poke iron rabbit in the eye :D for posting my link , and am really just interested in sharing the pictures we do..... professional... non-profession...for fun...for therapy...for the hell of it..

:bow: :bow: :bow:
  • @msjeni you don't forget to draw or paint..it's a practice..never to late.
  • Hi ihepf... thanks for the compliment , but I want to poke iron rabbit in the eye :D for posting my link.....

Maybe a pike in the eye would be more apropos..

tee-hee...
    Do you participate in re-inactments?

• Afraid so. Well - once in the last four years - but for 15 years prior.

I make the clothing and leatherwork too.

I know - freaks in costumes!

Living History as we like to call it.

http://actionspast.com/Groups/RenaissanceSoldier.aspx
  • To each their own, nobody can deny your fun or your activities. You must put a lot of work into making the costumes etc as well @IronRabbit

I know that in the US history is quite a big thing simply because there is little of it that exists. In the UK kids tend to hate history, and people my age simply don't care. I guess it is very different there?
  • Afraid so. Well - once in the last four years - but for 15 years prior.

I make the clothing and leatherwork too.

I know - freaks in costumes!

Living History as we like to call it.

http://actionspast.com/Groups/RenaissanceSoldier.aspx
    It looks like a blast (no pun intended) .
    I love history... and have a geeky little hobby that I don't get to do very often. Modelling....sloooowly working on both the King George the V, and the Bismark.

• I love the work in this thread. Here's something I drew some time ago.
  • RichardHRichardH Veteran
    edited April 2012
    Thank you for sharing this @ClayOne . mmm any...uh.... ganja involved? :D

The double helix entering/emerging into/from the eye, and seeing/proliferating a cosmos, is an archetypal vision .
  • @RichardH maybe a little ;)

I was inspired by the psybient I was listening to, and it all came into place. Making psychedelic art is a lot of fun.