Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

I Could Use Some Support.....

edited April 2006 in General Banter
Hello Friends,

I am reaching out to all of you today. My father in law is going in for another surgery this morning, and the doctors have said they were not too sure if he would make it out of this surgery. He was admitted into the hospital last week for an obstruction in his bowel, and he has been having one surgery after the other and is just not doing well.

Please keep us in your thoughts and/or prayers. I would really appreciate it.

Namaste,
Kim

Comments

• edited April 2006
    YM,

I hope everything works out well.

Best wishes to you and your family.

Take care,
    Sas
  • federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator
    edited April 2006
    YM... You are never out of them.

Hugs.

Fede
  • edited April 2006
    Kim - send me a PM with his name and the location of the hospital and I'll send out some Reiki, plus I'll add him to the distant healing list of the Reiki forum I belong to.

Take care,
    Adrian
  • edited April 2006
    Thank you to all of you. It is truly appreciated.

Frizzer..I will send you a PM right now. Wish we lived closer so that you could come to the hospital in person!
  • buddhafootbuddhafoot Veteran
    edited April 2006
    Kim,

I can't pray. So I won't bullshit you.

But, I think you know that I wish - whatever the outcome - that this is a time of growth, love and closeness for you, your father-in-law and your family.

You and yours will be in my thoughts.

-bf
  • questZENerquestZENer Veteran
    edited April 2006
    Good luck to you and yours, YogaMama. Be well and roll with it, as always. I know you're a rock of support for the people around you.

Peace.
  • Argon.AidArgon.Aid Veteran
    edited April 2006
    Best wishes =)
  • edited April 2006
    Best Wishes and Positive energy to and your family. My thoughts are with you.

Emma
  • BrianBrian Detroit, MI Moderator
    edited April 2006
    Positive thoughts from Michigan, checking in for duty!

Best of luck to your father in law, Kim. :)
  • edited April 2006
    Kim,

I hope that you know we are all here for you in this difficult time. If everything gets too much within the next few days please feel free to take this piece of advice: walk into a secluded area of natural beauty and breathe in the Dharma.

My deepest respect,

Dave
  • MichelleMichelle Explorer
    edited April 2006
    Sending well wishes and healing energy.

Blessings,
    Michelle
  • edited April 2006
    I just talked to my husband...my father in law made it through the surgery. They are going to keep him sedated for a while, and no one can go in to see him right now. So now we just wait to see how things go for the next few days.

Thank you for all of your kind words and thoughts. It means a lot to me. You are all wonderful, compassionate people and I am so greatful!
  • BrigidBrigid Veteran
    edited April 2006
    Hi, Yogamama.

I'm thinking of you and your family, Kim, and sending you all my love and wishes for healing. I don't know if you're worrying about how this may affect Emma or not, but if you are, remember that this is a good thing for her to experience and having the parents she has this will only add to her growth and strength. Your instincts are excellent and you'll know what to do and how to do it whenever the times come.

I'm wishing with all my heart that you and your family experience the least amount of suffering possible in this situation and I want you to know that we are with you in our hearts wherever you go.

With all my love,
    Brigid
  • edited April 2006
    Thank you, Brigid. Yes, I have been worried about how this will affect Emma. She keeps saying "Where is my Pappa?" and she really wants to see him, but can't since they do not allow children into the ICU. Everyday, she gives my husband a band-aid and a vitamin to take to grandpa since we have been telling her he is sick. She is so sweet.

My father in law looked a little better this morning than he did yesterday. They thought his kidneys were failing yesterday, but he peed this morning, so that was very exciting for all of us. Never thought I'd be so excited about a little pee. He's got a LONG road ahead of him.
  • BrigidBrigid Veteran
    edited April 2006
    Oh, Emma is the sweetest thing! A band-aid and a vitamin! I'll never forget that for as long as I live. She is just so full of compassion and wisdom. At three.

YYaaaayyyy for pee!!!! LOL! What a good, good thing!

Hang in there and remember we're here when ever you feel like talking.

Love,
    Brigid