Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Drag pageant tips/help.

DaftChrisDaftChris Spiritually conflicted. Not of this world. Veteran
edited March 2012 in General Banter
Yes, this might be a random thing task, but that is why it is in "General Banter".

I'm running in a drag pageant in a couple of months and I need some help for a few things.

1.) The presentation category is "Hollywood glam"; where can I find a good dress for around $50? The same can go for the evening wear.

2.) I thought about doing a 70's red carpet look. Which decade do you think will be the most overdone?

3.) I have REALLY thick eyebrows and don't really want to wax them unless I absolutely have to. I've tried the gluestick trick, but it doesn't work for me. Is there another way of doing it?

4.) What's something to do for talent? I've thought about doing an all Adele mix; starting with "Chasing Pavements" going into "Set fire to the Rain" and ending with "Someone like you". Or I've thought about starting with Christina Perri's "1000 Years" then going into the last two Adele songs.

Or. I thought of doing a "Hindi Sad Diamonds" and "Sparkling Diamonds" mix from Moulin Rouge.

Any thoughts?

Comments

• I've always wanted to see a drag performance of Jewel's "Who will save your soul" I"ve always imagined her coming out in a nun's habit, then taking it off to reveal something utterly fabulous as she goes into her second song.

For the eyebrows, if you don't want to shave then what about a wig with bangs that would cover the brows?

P.S. Loved your Gay and Ugly video. Reminded me of myself in every way...
  • DaftChrisDaftChris Spiritually conflicted. Not of this world. Veteran
    edited March 2012
    Sorry, I meant to post this in "General Banter" not "Advanced Ideas"...

Fail :/
  • wax the brows, it doesn't hurt and is hardly noticeable when you aren't wearing makeup
  • Do they have thrift or second hand stores where you live? At least in this part of the US, there are some fantastic dresses being sold cheap there.

Skin colored makeup over the eyebrows, then draw in thinner ones above those for a glam look. It'll look stupid in the mirror, but from the stage, people won't notice.

A guy in drag can dance and lipsynch to just about any woman's voice and get applause. Just vamp it up to the max.

Ah, the lessons a person learns from an adventurous youth. Actually, in this case it came from living in England for a few years, where the drag show is an ancient and honorable tradition.

• federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator
    Sorry, I meant to post this in "General Banter" not "Advanced Ideas"...

Fail :/
    Ok don't worry, Tootsie, i dun it for u.... ;)

• DaftChrisDaftChris Spiritually conflicted. Not of this world. Veteran
    @federica

I'm completely offended by that statement...I look so much better than Dustin Hoffman in drag. :)
  • federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator
    ANYBODY looks better than Justin Hoffman in drag - !
    And you betcha we wanna see some great pictures!