Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Clay Creations

edited March 2012 in Arts & Writings
My girlfriend is extremely good at making sculptures out of clay. I'm not the most artistic person, but I decided to take a chance and try her trade. This is my fist sculpture: Anubis.

Please excuse the very bad quality. Someone else has my normal camera.

What do you think? :D
them.png 346.2K

Comments

• It's good, bekenze.I'm sure it was fun to make regardless of the end product.

"It's about the journey, not the destination. "

The last time I worked with clay, I made a cup/bowl/ashtray thingy...but I wrote my name on the borrow of it and now it holds my coins because it doesn't hold liquid at all.
  • Anyway, why did you decide on Anubis?
  • DakiniDakini Veteran
    I can't see it, the photo's too dark. : (
  • :wave: @dakini
  • Lighter?
    d.png 393.3K
  • DakiniDakini Veteran
    No, there's not enough contrast, it all looks dark. I'll catch your next creation. : )

Hi, @Lady_Alison How's your cold? Hasn't it been going on for a couple of weeks now??
  • He needs to take a better pic tomorrow!

@dakini actually, I has a cold mid January that lasted a month and had a few weeks of break and now this. It must be allergy related too. Idk. Thank you though!
  • HondenHonden Dallas, TX Veteran
    edited March 2012
    I cheated decided to photoshop the original picture to brighten it up a bit. Pretty awesome piece for a first sculpt.
  • thank you @honden... maybe bekenze was too shy to put better pictures up..hahaha.. i dont know why, it's quite good! :shake:
  • I usually use my better quality camera, but my girlfriend accidently took it home with her last night.
  • why, anubis? You know that my neighbor use to babysit this little girl named, "aubis"... no joke. She was a little brat who would smear banana all over the toilet seat and fight with all the other little children.

I wonder if names have some sort of power over people? lol
  • federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator

I wonder if names have some sort of power over people? lol
    Not to go off-topic, but the French set great store by names and their meanings.... there are books about it everywhere, not just on the "what shall we name our baby?" shelves....

Back to topic!!

• why, anubis?
    I want to make the whole Egyptian pantheon.
  • DakiniDakini Veteran
    I'm speechless, Bekenze. Not much of an artist, you say? Humility is good...
  • federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator
    I'm speechless, Bekenze. Not much of an artist, you say? Humility is good...
    I don't believe he made it for a second. No way. Not likely!

You know.... there's a small, highly precious, intricate and priceless artefact missing from the Natural History Museum in London...
    I bet it's that one......

:p
  • DakiniDakini Veteran
    edited March 2012
    haha! Yeah, that was my impression, too!

OK, Bekenze, now you're going to have to give us a close-up, so we can get a better look at this thing...

No, wait ... Bekenze likes to kid us, doesn't he? I bet he's just setting us up. The whole thing's a gag (JEEZ, we're slow!! or...maybe it's just me... :p ) He's just messing with us.

• If you're doing more of those little suckers, we'd like some progress pics, umkay?
    why, anubis?
    I want to make the whole Egyptian pantheon.
  • edited March 2012
    Made another. Collapsed. I'm sad. :(

It's like this now:

I'm not going to make any more.
  • DakiniDakini Veteran
    Quit while you're ahead. :)
  • Well @Bekenze I am very glad you have decided to do something constructive with your bordom you egyptian pharaoh you! You probably should take some pride in this and use it to go on to do other constructive things. The bit of paper federica found that said 'whatever you put energy into will grow' is a good quote, fly bekenze, fly! lol