Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

KONY 2012 co-founder arrested for reportedly masturbating nude in public, vandalizing cars, etc.

edited March 2012 in General Banter
http://www.nbcsandiego.com/news/local/jason-russell-san-diego-invisible-children-kony-2012-142970255.html

"A co-founder for Invisible Children was detained in Pacific Beach on Thursday for being drunk in public and masturbating, according to the San Diego Police Department.

Jason Russell, 33, was allegedly found masturbating in public, vandalizing cars and possibly under the influence of something, according to the SDPD. He was detained at the intersection of Ingraham Street and Riviera Road.

An SDPD spokesperson said the man detained was acting very strange, some may say bizarre.

"Due to the nature of the detention, he was not arrested," Lt. Andra Brown said. "During the evaluation we learned we probably needed to take him to a medical facility because of statements he was saying."

Police said they received several calls Thursday at 11:30 a.m. of a man in various stages of undress, running through traffic and screaming.

Police described Russell as "in his underwear." He allegedly took off his underwear at one point, but it was back on by the time officers arrived, said police.

Several people attempted to calm him down and when officers arrived police said he was cooperative."

Comments

• wow, great find Bekenze, doesn't do any favours for his little scheme, or shall I say big scheme. Get Kony 2012, no get arrested 2012.
  • federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator
    the title is defamatory and misleading. if he was under the influence of something that altered his behaviour to such an extent that - and this is quoting the police - "he was not arrested," Lt. Andra Brown said. "During the evaluation we learned we probably needed to take him to a medical facility because of statements he was saying." it's highly likely that his food and or drinks were spiked that night, in order to defame him and deflect attention from the Koiy 2012 crusade.

....is what I would say if i was his lawyer.
  • edited March 2012
    I took the title from another source. Just saying. As a moderator, feel free to change arrest to detain.
  • federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator
    I wasn't blaming you - I see you did that.
    but papers have to sell, so that sounds more dramatic than "Kony2012 founder taken to safe place for evaluation".
    Having been the victim myself of a damning, inaccurate, potentially libellous newspaper article, i take EVERYTHING i read, under a sensational banner headline, with a hefty pinch.
  • Invincible_summerInvincible_summer Heavy Metal Dhamma We(s)t coast, Canada Veteran
    In http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/headlines/2012/03/kony-2012-activist-filmmaker-arrested/, the CEO of Invisible Children states
    Ben Keesey, CEO of Invisible Children, said Russell had been dealing with health problems and was hospitalized after the incident on Thursday.
    “Jason Russell was unfortunately hospitalized yesterday suffering from exhaustion, dehydration, and malnutrition. He is now receiving medical care and is focused on getting better,” Keesey said in a statement. “The past two weeks have taken a severe emotional toll on all of us, Jason especially, and that toll manifested itself in an unfortunate incident yesterday.”
    If it's true that this bizarre incident is a manifestation of the media frenzy surrounding his campaign, then well... that's a very odd way to express it. I hope he's okay though, even if I think his campaign is a bit sketchy.
  • Hahaha! Invincible summer you beat me to it. On researching the OP's story I read the CEO's statement and thought "oh, I need to paste that into the thread." Well not being awfully good at that type of thing it took a while......so here I was already to paste and there it was in all it's glory. The joys of the Internet ;) Whatever is going on I hope the guy's ok and the media back off from him and his family and leave them to deal with whatever the true situation is. I know if you court publicity you're going to get it, warts and all but a little compassion and understanding wouldn't go wrong.
  • Yes putting aside ifs and buts and also the credability of the whole Kony 2012 plan, the guys family should really be thought of here, his son (if in the film that is actually his son) won't leave my mind. The poor kid must be quite confused at the moment. I hope they all find some form of peace and the media gives them a chance to breathe at least.
  • DaltheJigsawDaltheJigsaw Mountain View Veteran
    edited March 2012
    WOW: Kony 2012 director confined to a mental ward: Director who had nude 'meltdown' on streets is kept in care as wife blames shock popularity of video for behaviour

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2116184/Kony-2012-video-director-Jason-Russell-arrested-drunk-performing-sex-act-public.html#ixzz1pQAJDqhk