Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

my son's concert

AMHAMH
edited March 2012 in General Banter
I didn't want to post ahead because my son has missed concerts due to attendance issues, but he performed great tonight at his school guitar concert! (If you don't know he attends the public arts school you get into by audition.)

The spring semester is jazz and his quartet performed Take Five, which happens to be one of my parents favorite songs ever. They actually drove out for it, they are sports people so they have taken a few years to come for things like concerts and art shows. That makes it even more cool.

These kids are so talented, no kidding. It is amazing to see what just the middle school guitar majors can do, kids 12-14 years old playing so well. Then the high schoolers, very skilled.

Okay done momma bragging.

Comments

• I a mum too, with a son who plays guitar ( as well as piano - he likes the electric guitar most ) - so I can relate .... I also rememberlistening to my daughter singing,
    " Down town " and " Mr Bojangles " in her school choir a few years ago with tears in my eyes ... special moments for us mothers.
  • Yup momma brags are good, now I am trying to get my son to the interfaith church I attend to play guitar because the music is rather, um, old. :rolleyes: