Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Reliable schematic diagram of the mandala?

snGussnGus Veteran
edited March 2012 in Arts & Writings
Hello.

I am in search of a reliable mandala schematic diagram.

By "schematic diagram" I mean one designed to inform and name it's elements, like the different realms, the significance of the moon, etc. But not a long text. Just labels.

I'm not looking for an artistic picture of the mandala.

If you believe you have what I'm looking for please send me the link or the file. Thanks!

Comments

• JeffreyJeffrey Veteran
    edited March 2012
    Which mandala? There are many. Until a point is chosen the mandala is not there. Yet it must be there or else where does it come from when a point is chosen?

Just something I've been thinking about.
  • snGussnGus Veteran
    What do you understand by "mandala"? I think we may not be talking of the same thing. The mandala is a weel being hold by a vicious creature. In its center there are three animals an its is divided in sections meaning the different realms of existence. It is an abstraction presented as a drawing. Its artistic style varies depending on the time and the tradition of the artist. But the figures, sections and meaning are always the same.
  • federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator
    Have a look here.
    I'm not being patronising, but it might give you what you're looking for... or at least the first step....

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Everyones-Mandala-Colouring-Book-Coloring/dp/1560442956
  • http://newarkmuseum.wordpress.com/tag/newark-museum/

This may be closer to what you're looking for. Scroll down to the second article.
  • snGussnGus Veteran
    Thanks a lot you all. I found what I needed :)
  • federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator
    good. :)

This discussion has been closed.