Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

started kitchen herb garden

AMHAMH
edited March 2012 in General Banter
It is beautiful warm here and the start of sprng break for us. Besides the many Dr and dentist appointments I am hoping to start the garden basics. So I got the cute cedar box with 4 pots and herbs and all today. I also found the pumpkin seeds I wanted to use, small sugar so I can make pie from them.

That is all

Comments

• ZaylZayl Veteran
    Great to hear, as I have one myself. I just grow simple herbs but it is amazing the difference freshly picked herbs makes in cooking.
  • Great to hear, as I have one myself. I just grow simple herbs but it is amazing the difference freshly picked herbs makes in cooking.
    i imagine you add some very special herbs to some very special brownie mix? eh?
  • Oh no, in church today my son saw the sprouting plant picture on the front of the program and asked if it was pot. His sister attempted to grow one in her room, momma caught it. It was a spindly 4 leaves in a box with a grow light and fan. Like I wouldn't hear the fan,

In any case hers is gone and we are sticking to legal edibles.
  • lmfao... hilarious!

like you weren't gonna know what that was, momma was a rebel in her day!
    Oh no, in church today my son saw the sprouting plant picture on the front of the program and asked if it was pot. His sister attempted to grow one in her room, momma caught it. It was a spindly 4 leaves in a box with a grow light and fan. Like I wouldn't hear the fan,

In any case hers is gone and we are sticking to legal edibles.
  • yeah, just try and see if my rum no longer looks brown and now looks like watered down tea, or that your boots have mud caked in them from sneaking out in the middle of the night along the side of the house, or that the car is not in the same position as when I went to sleep.

I think this started about gardening,
  • lol...you threadjacked, not me....NOT ME THIS TIME!!!or tom...

okay back to herbs..
  • okay okay,
    so fresh dill is good in potato salad
  • DakiniDakini Veteran
    okay okay,
    so fresh dill is good in potato salad
    Do you have a recipe for potato salad that's based on oil-and-vinegar and green onions, rather than mayo? German potato salad?

• I have one that is based on flaxseed oil, very healthy! I will post some things this week including that.
  • I have been wanting to do the same, @AMH, so thank you for reminding me!