Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Je Tsongkhapa on Nagarjuna

edited July 2010 in Philosophy
Recently published by Oxford U Press, the Ocean of Reasoning is required reading for those attracted to understanding shunyata or emptiness of inherent existence. Je Rinpoche's text on the Mulamadhyamakakarika is difficult in Tibetan and still more difficult in English. The topic of emptiness is very profound - so happy pondering.

The translators are Jay Garfield & Geshe Ngawang Samten.

Comments

• not1not2not1not2 Veteran
    edited April 2006
    Do you have any links or excerpts for us. Nagarjuna is a wonderful person to read. I would love to hear more.

_/\_
    metta
  • edited April 2006
    not1not2 wrote:
    Do you have any links or excerpts for us. Nagarjuna is a wonderful person to read. I would love to hear more.

_/\_
    metta

Here are some wonderful Nagarjuna excerpts:

http://www.kalavinka.org/

And one short, but profound Je Tsongkhapa text:

http://www.bodhicitta.net/Three%20Principal%20Aspects%20of%20the%20Path.htm

Google has more....
  • edited July 2010
    I am throughly involved with middle way right now ( as anyone seeing my posts would infer) and this is a profound commentary, its very advanced and presupposes alot of knowledge , right now im figuring out what valid cognitions are to get a little more involved, im using a book by Geshe Tashi Tsering called " relative truth ultimate truth" Vol 2. to identify the schools and the way they viewed the two truths. I would love to have a "intellegent" post on this topic from those with understanding of the commentary.