Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Feng Shui

edited May 2006 in General Banter
Anyone follow this in their home? I do not, but was thinking about it and need some ideas. Anyone have any good tips on how to do this?

Thanks - Kim

Comments

• federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator
    edited April 2006
    I was a feng shui consultant for five years in the UK, before moving here...Black hat sect...
    I could help... :)
  • edited April 2006
    Oh wonderful! :) So what do I need to do to get started?
  • federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator
    edited April 2006
    Well.... somewhere to live would be a good idea....

I am not sure I quite follow what you mean by "need, to get started......":confused:
    i
  • edited April 2006
    LOL. Obviously I know nothing about Feng Shui. :) Are there certain "rules" to follow?
    edited April 2006
    Yes, there are... Some are general, and others are specific to your living space....
    There is a wide use for mirrors (known as the 'Aspirin of the Home'), and crystals and hollow metal chimes are also known as Feng Shui cures....
    there are caveats about pointing the feet of beds directly at doors, keeping the loo seats down, not having beams particularly over beds, or mirrors in bedrooms... not having a bedhead under a window....

If there's something specific you'd like advice on, it may be more easy to do it through PM's....
  • edited April 2006
    Sounds good...I have to run off to the hospital right now, but I will get in touch with you soon! Thanks for your help!
  • edited April 2006
    Kim, please let me know how Greg's doing when you get back
    :)
  • edited April 2006
    Hi Frizzer,

Greg had to have another surgery yesterday, but it went well. Hopefully, that will be his last surgery. He actually has had a few really good days. For the first time yesterday (before his surgery) I was able to see him awake and talk to him. It was so nice. My husband took the day off to be with him and his family, and it was just so nice for us to see him awake and able to speak to us a little bit. So, he is doing better, but he still has a long road ahead of him.

He must be doing so well from all the Reiki! :) Thank you so much.

Kim
  • edited April 2006
    That's really good news! I'll keep chucking the Reiki your way to help him recover :)
  • edited April 2006
    Thanks, Frizzer!

How are your tomato plants doing? We had to go out and cover all of ours up because it went from 90 degress outside to under 40! And we weren't sure if it was going to frost or not. Luckily, it did not. Our lettuces and spinach are doing fabulous! Here is a picture of Emma in front of one of our raised bed gardens.

Oh goodness...we are getitng off topic. It's ok if it's my post, right Federica? ;)
  • edited April 2006
    Our tomatoes are in the conservatory at the moment as it gets quite warm in there. We've put them into separate pots and they're growing really nicely. So far we've got 6 plants from the seeds we planted so hopefully we'll be overrun with toms !
  • edited April 2006
    Oh good! I can't wait for you to taste them!
  • edited April 2006
    I'll post some pics when they're a bit bigger!
    edited April 2006
    Healthy plants are good feng Shui...cactii should be used with caution...pot pourri should NEVER be used...Pot Pourri means rotted container....yech!! and stylish arrangements of dried or dead flowers or branches should only be seen as a temporary measure, if used to enhance a specific energy....
  • edited April 2006
    Thanks for getting us back on track, fede! :) And thanks for those tips. I hate potpourri, but I did not know it meant "rotted container". Yuck.
  • edited May 2006
    federica wrote:
    Yes, there are... Some are general, and others are specific to your living space....
    There is a wide use for mirrors (known as the 'Aspirin of the Home'), and crystals and hollow metal chimes are also known as Feng Shui cures....
    there are caveats about pointing the feet of beds directly at doors, keeping the loo seats down, not having beams particularly over beds, or mirrors in bedrooms... not having a bedhead under a window....

If there's something specific you'd like advice on, it may be more easy to do it through PM's....

Is pointing the feet of beds at doors and keeping loo seats down good or bad?

(Sorry for rezzing the thread, I meant to ask when it was posted but forgot and then I saw it again today. :tonguec: )
    edited May 2006
    You have to understand that much of Feng Shui is symbolic and has ancient meaning, which in this day and age may seem archaic and a little ridiculous....

However, I will answer these two questions referring to the beliefs and symbolism, because there is still common sense in what they convey.....

When people died, their bodies were in general, removed from the rooms feet first.... therefore, it was logical to lay the body out, with the feet facing the door, and the body itself completely in line with the door...it was more dignified and less cumbersome for removing the deceased....
    Therefore, a bed positioned in this way denotes a 'corpse position', and is not considered auspicious for the occupant.
    However, you should have your feet facing the wall that has the door in it (so opposite the doorway, but not directly opposite - more diagonal to the door....And the door itself should always open so that the occupant of a room may immediately see who is coming in.... This usually means that the door is butting up to a corner in the room, and the hinges should consequently be on the room's corner side....

Does this make sense....? :wtf:

If the corner of the room is a right angle, ('L') then the hinge of the door should be in this right angle and the door should open flat against the wall....(the tall vertical stem of the letter 'L'....):crazy: :D

Water denotes a flow of Energy and can bring good luck in, but may also transport Good Luck out...therefore leaving the loo seat up leaves any fortune vulnerable to being swept away in the movement of the water when flushing - !! Keep the loo seat down at all times (except when in use.....:buck: :tonguec: ).

Historically, Feng Shui was both a defensive and Protective Science reserved for use by the Empirical family...therefore all cures have a long-standing historical significance. It was an offence punishable by death, for it to be either taught or used by anyone else....
    As I have already said, the cures and motives behind them, might sound somewhat ridiculous in light of it now being the 21st Century, but there is much common sense in the cures and measures therein....
  • edited May 2006
    Yeah, that's what I was curious about, because the others I could kind of see the reasoning behind, but those I didn't really get. Thanks for answering. :)