Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Reliable books and/or websites with introductory and/or advanced information on meditation

snGussnGus Veteran
edited April 2012 in Meditation
I was reading a thread about meditation in these forums and I realized I want to start my meditation sessions but I don't have the knowledge even to recognize a good teacher to introduce me on this practice.

I was wandering if someone could indicate me a good book or website for people who want to learn how to meditate, but to learn it for real, by being able to get all the benefit as possible from it. And also a book that provides information on what are the genres of meditation techniques and what would be the best for someone who seeks for a tool in following the Buddhist layman path.

Also I'd like to know how can I make sure a self entitled meditation teacher or instructor is really someone who knows what he/she is doing? Is there some kind of degree or universal license that I can ask for making sure about the knowledge of a person who I'd hire to teach me meditation technique(s)?

Wow that was a very detailed request.

Well, if any of you know about some reliable material with these characteristics, like books or websites, please point me them. Oh and feel free to give me some of these information if you find it opportune.

Comments