Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

The new Jesus?

edited July 2006 in Faith & Religion
Hiya all,
On Foxtel/Austar they have been having alot of discussion about the Bible and especially about Jesus. They have decided to air a program that is suggesting that Christ's life, St. Peter or Paul are actually based in part or all on....Apollonius of Tyana.

Apollonius of Tyana (Τυανεα Απολλωνιον) (13 March 2 – 98?) was a Neo-Pythagorean philosopher and teacher of Greek origin. His teaching influenced scientific thought for centuries after his death. Apollonius of Tyana. The Nazarene, by Raphael. N.M. Starr, Medium.

Personaly I think its a load of crap, I'm sorta wondering what the agenda is here? I'm also wondering when there going to get around to Islam, Buddhism and Hindus et al. So far I've run arcross one web site (can't rember where) that pointed out Krishna, Buddha and Christ were all the same person reincarnated.

Just thought I would let you know and see what you guys/girls thought?

Comments

• ajani_mgoajani_mgo Veteran
    edited July 2006
    I think that perhaps I'd disagree... But I might be wrong, I have nothing substantial to back my argument. I havent come across Apollonius before in my study... But I think that perhaps whoever Jesus was, maybe not exactly a philosopher suits the image and the teachings...

And yes, I have heard of a book where it advocates the viewpoint the Krishna, Buddha and Christ are all the same, but I think it's banned in my country or something, but from what I think, perhaps the teachings may be in a sense, but definitely not the person... For if it is, then this Chosen One would have only ONE interpretation to Truth instead of so many where the core Truth has to be slowly peeled open and seen naked.
  • edited July 2006
    ugh.