Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

For those of you who speak French...

edited May 2006 in General Banter
Can you tell me what this means:

"La Ferme du Bonheur"

I think that is French? I found a local farm that I would like to get some products from and that is the name of their farm...just wondering what it means. Thanks.

Comments

• MagwangMagwang Veteran
    edited April 2006
    Happiness Farm.
  • edited April 2006
    Would that be Doug & Danielle Schroeder's place in Higginsville?
  • federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator
    edited April 2006
    Oui, je crois, mais je dois admettre, je ne l'ai jamais visité, et c'est la première fois que j'entends en parler... mais ça m'interesse beaucoup! Continuez, je vous prie!!

Oh, I'm such a cow!
  • edited April 2006
    Frizzer wrote:
    Would that be Doug & Danielle Schroeder's place in Higginsville?

YES!!! How did you know that? The internet? They are only about 30 miles from me.
  • edited April 2006
    What did you just say federica?? :)
  • federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator
    edited April 2006
    I saaaaaaaaid....

Yes I would think so, but I must admit I've never been there, and it's the first I've heard of them..But carry on, this is very interesting!

Oh, que je suis une vache!
  • edited April 2006
    And Frizzer...I am meeting up with them tomorrow and am a bit nervous because I just got off the phone with Doug and he was talking to me about the bible (that was the very first time we spoke) and was asking if me and my husband were "church going people" and said he was going to bring me a book called "The Makers Diet", and I am assuming "The Maker" = God. Should be interesting! :)
  • edited April 2006
    YogaMama wrote:
    YES!!! How did you know that? The internet? They are only about 30 miles from me.

LOL! Yes, I googled the phrase to try and translate it for you and it was one of the first sites in English to pop up. While I was messing about doing that Magwang kindly provided you with the translation !! :D
    YogaMama wrote:
    And Frizzer...I am meeting up with them tomorrow and am a bit nervous because I just got off the phone with Doug and he was talking to me about the bible (that was the very first time we spoke) and was asking if me and my husband were "church going people" and said he was going to bring me a book called "The Makers Diet", and I am assuming "The Maker" = God. Should be interesting!

Interesting? That's one way of putting it! Good luck :)
    edited April 2006
    YogaMama wrote:
    And Frizzer...I am meeting up with them tomorrow and am a bit nervous because I just got off the phone with Doug and he was talking to me about the bible (that was the very first time we spoke) and was asking if me and my husband were "church going people" and said he was going to bring me a book called "The Makers Diet", and I am assuming "The Maker" = God. Should be interesting! :)

Oh good grief......

Do let us know how you get on.....!!

Why are you meeting up with them? Why should it matter to him what kind of people you are?

Am I being too inquisitive now.....? *ooops*.....
  • edited April 2006
    federica wrote:
    I saaaaaaaaid....

Yes I would think so, but I must admit I've never been there, and it's the first I've heard of them..But carry on, this is very interesting!

Oh, que je suis une vache!

You are so cute. :)
  • edited April 2006
    federica wrote:
    Oh good grief......

Do let us know how you get on.....!!

Why are you meeting up with them? Why should it matter to him what kind of people you are?

Am I being too inquisitive now.....? *ooops*.....

I am meeting up with them to buy some of their products. Kefir, and raw goats milk, to be exact. They use raw goats milk, and you can't get raw milk of any kind in the stores. Long story short...me, my husband and daughter were eating a lot of soy products, including soy milk, but I have been researching soy, and turns out it's not as good for me as I had thought. So now I am going to switch us to raw goat's milk. I also want to get some of their eggs for my daughter.

I have no idea why it matters to him what kind of people we are. I don't think it does...other than the fact that he wants to talk to me about his beliefs! I told him I was vegetarian, and he told me that I should read the bible because it tells me how I need to eat! LOL. He's an older man, and seems harmless. I'll bring my husband along, just in case. He's always up for a good debate about the bible! :)
  • edited April 2006
    Frizzer wrote:
    LOL! Yes, I googled the phrase to try and translate it for you and it was one of the first sites in English to pop up. While I was messing about doing that Magwang kindly provided you with the translation !! :D

And here I was thinking about how cool it would be if you had actually known them!
  • edited April 2006
    Sorry, I was just being cheeky ! ;)
  • edited April 2006
    I should have known. You are always being cheeky! :)
    edited April 2006
    I drink goat's milk...the flavour is subtly different...Just a little 'earthier'..if you haven't tried it before...but once you're used to it, going back to cow's milk is pretty much impossible...even lo-fat (skimmed milk) tastes cloying!

I was convinced to drink goat's milk by a friend who said the reason SHE did, was that cow's milk was manufactured for an animal with five stomachs... and we have only one, so where does the stuff for the other four go?!? No wonder a lot of kids have dairy allergies and intolerance! What are we doing to our foods, people??

I'll take two dozen eggs here, YM!!
  • edited April 2006
    Yep....dairy products that have been pasteuriazed, homogenized, etc, are just not good. They have completely killed all of the enzymes and minerals that were originally there, and then they replace them with artificial vitamins. Cow's milk is yucky.

I'll send you some egg...they might come scrambled!
  • edited April 2006
    Going back to soya milk, is it not too good for you then?
    I'm badly dairy intolerant so can't handle any type of milk or milk by-product at all so I use soya milk in cooking as well as soya margerine and cheese.
  • edited April 2006
    Frizzer - from what I have been reading lately, soy just isn't all that good for you. I will give you a link, and you can make the decision. Of course, this is only one persons research, but I have also looked at a lot of other info, and it is all saying the same thing:

http://thedoctorwithin.com/index_fr.php?page=articles/magic_bean.php

It is hard to find good, solid information regarding soy products, but my view is that if even a fraction of what this guy (and others) is saying about soy, then that's enough for me to cut it out of my diet (and my family's diet). Let me know what you think.
  • edited April 2006
    Thanks, I'll have a read through that. To be honest once I discovered I could no longer handle milk I just went straight over to soya products as they were the next easily available thing. I've not actually read anything about them !
  • edited April 2006
    Please let me know what you think of it when you read it all. And funny that you mention being "lactose intolerant", because that same doctors website says this (and so much more) about pastuerized milk:

"all humans have lactose intolerance when it comes to pasteurized milk. But it's still a word game: lactose is milk sugar. We're not allergic to milk sugar; we're allergic to milk. No enzymes = junk food. Milk is a junkfood. Think your baby needs it? Think again. Pasteurized cow's milk is sensitizing your baby to an unnatural non-food allergenic protein. Consider this:
    man is the only animal who figured out how to remove enzymes from milk."
  • edited May 2006
    I met up with the farmer this weekend and he was nice. Luckily, he had a lot of customers waiting, so he did not have time to preach the bible to me. :)

We really like the raw goats milk and the kefir we got from them. Does anyone else on here drink raw goats milk? I think it is more popular in France than it is here?? If so, I have some questions!
    edited May 2006
    Dis-donc....?

(Fire away.....):)
  • edited May 2006
    Oh good...so we want to put my daughter on the raw goats milk, but I want to make sure it is 100% SAFE for her. From what I have been reading, it is super healthy, but I just worry about it making her sick. My husband and I have been researching it, and we just keep finding conflicting information. How long have you been drinking it? Has it ever made you sick? It is legal for people to sell it here, but there are not any suppliers that are licensed and inspected by the state.

I am just so torn about giving it to my daughter! There are so many good things about it.
    edited May 2006
    Well there's an easy solution to this. Try her on it, and if she's sick, stop. One time won't be life-threatening...!
    Or introduce it gradually, maybe as an addition to milk in cereal, or as a warm drink, with honey...
    I must say though, I have never had any problem with it at all, and neither has anyone else I know who drinks it.
    Quite the opposite.
  • edited May 2006
    I did start her on it this weekend, and I am introducing it slowly. I did 1/4 cup goats milk, and then filled the rest of her cup with her soy milk and then will just slowly increase the amount of goats milk in her cup each week. And I think that the people that say "it's bad" are people that would rather have you buy their pasteurized cows milk. I have been reading so many wonderful things about raw goats milk, so I think we will stick with it. Thanks for the advice.