Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Can Jhana hurt other beings?

JeffreyJeffrey Veteran
edited April 2012 in Philosophy
I hear voices and also have some pretty powerful absorptions I guess into mental states. TErhe are voices sometimes telling me I am hurting them or at least they say: langenbrenner and other things I understand to mean I am hurting them.

I don't expect to get an answer. Please don't delete this because it at least starts a discussion of the title.

Thanks.

Comments

• cazcaz Veteran United Kingdom Veteran
    You are most likely hearing your own delusions. Recognise them as such.
  • :bowdown: :clap:

Thanks!
  • If you believe you are harming something then you are.

But no, you are not harming anyone.
  • Invincible_summerInvincible_summer Heavy Metal Dhamma We(s)t coast, Canada Veteran
  • Maybe they are the hinderances trying to reclaim your mind ... in a poetic sense of course.
  • JeffreyJeffrey Veteran
    edited April 2012
    Maybe they are the hinderances trying to reclaim your mind ... in a poetic sense of course.
    That's what I was wondering. I only seem to get interested in them when I fear I am doing harm.

They know everything about me including my social security number. Two of them are my neighbors (in my head) and I asked them to put the 25 digits of the number pi written on a sheet of paper in my mailbox at night.

So we'll see if they do it haha!

• federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator
    I hear voices and also have some pretty powerful absorptions I guess into mental states. TErhe are voices sometimes telling me I am hurting them or at least they say: langenbrenner and other things I understand to mean I am hurting them.

I don't expect to get an answer. Please don't delete this because it at least starts a discussion of the title.

Thanks.
    We don't delete threads, we either close them or put them into the n.b.dumpster.
    I suggest your first port of call be your doctor.
    If you're hearing voices claiming you're harming them, first and foremost, you are the one suffering.
    I'm not prepared to let this continue.
    As Brian has said elsewhere, this forum discusses Buddhism, it's not a doctor's clinic.

This discussion has been closed.