Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Solstice Wedding

questZENerquestZENer Veteran
edited May 2006 in General Banter
OK, y'all. After many months of intense scrutiny, my belle and I are finally ready to unveil our modest wedding website:

www.solsticewedding.net

If any of you lot have an interest into my alterego--the daily face seen by everyone in my life--here's your chance! Most people only get to see questZENer concealed beneath this facade...

It'll be a grand celebration on a modest (grad student) budget.

Peace.

Comments

• federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator
    edited May 2006
    Being in France there is no hope of our being able to join you... But the website is absolutely delightful, and I look forward to an update of photos, drunken tales and much fun, jolity and happiness...
    I have marked the event on my calendar, and assure you, even at this distance, I will "be" there....

Thanks for this. It's just lovely.
  • SimonthepilgrimSimonthepilgrim Veteran
    edited May 2006
    I shall be at our local stones at Midsummer: we have a number of events planned for our small group of pilgrims. May I include you two in our invocations and offerings? Nothing like good sex to empower a ceremony!
  • edited May 2006
    Congratulations to you and your fiancee! Very cool idea to have it on the solstice! Best wishes to the both of you!
  • questZENerquestZENer Veteran
    edited May 2006
    Thanks Federica, SimonTP, & Gregc!

We're both looking forward to the event itself. The location is just wonderful--the owner of the penthouse where it will all take place was a haberdasher in the 1920's. He was rollin' in dough and commissioned his store and the penthouse above it to be decked in the high style of the time--art deco. Even Lalique has several chandeliers--the photo essay shows some of this detail. I'm a detail man.

The guest list is quite small--75 at latest count. We can't really afford any more. So, Simon, it would be wonderful to be included in your local ceremony. We'll gladly reciprocate our...um...erotic energy in return for being invoked near the stones. How kind of you to offer!

I'll surely update the site with post-pics--we'll see what kind of revelry we end up with. Los Angeles can be mighty chilly in June...we'll have to warm it up!
  • BrigidBrigid Veteran
    edited May 2006
    Quest,

OMG WOW!!

This is absolutely spectacular!! The early Art Deco is fabulous! Check out those floors, ceilings and walls, not to mention all the fixtures and other pieces. I love that checkerboard dance floor! And the inlay floors. Incredible! Mind blowing! There's still such a strong Art Nouveau presence, which is one of my all time favourite periods. The Hogarth "S" curve, the fruits, feathers scroll work and leaves, those marble fireplaces alone are worth a trip to have a look. Magnificent!! I'm freaking out. The light fixtures still have that delicate Nouveau feel. What is that wood that the bed's made out of and the wall behind it in photo #14? It's driving me crazy!! I just want to touch it, it's so gorgeous! And all those grills!! Is that all iron work? They look like Japanese ocean waves.

You took all the pics I would have taken! I LOVE the detail. If there's a God, that's where she is! lol! Your taste is impeccable. lol! I'm going crazy over that deep blue ceiling in the hallway with the lights along the sides. Fabulous idea!! It's all like some crazy, wonderful dream. I can't think of a place with more celebratory spirit than this. This is just the ultimate!

But my favourite photos of all are #4 and #9 of your engagement day. Those are just beautiful.

Thank you so much for sharing this. I've had an absolute blast looking through those photos. They're so much better than the ones on their official web site. Nice work.

Well, congratulations!! I'm so happy for you! Can't wait for the update pics.
    Oh, what fun! I love weddings!

Thanks again, Quest.

Brigid
    edited May 2006
    Hey, Brigid!

I've been away from my computer all afternoon--it's been a hellish day on all fronts. In anycase--I can see you're a woman after my own heart. I love details and I love Art Nouveau. You've absolutely pegged it. You're gushing over all the things I love--the color of the blue in the hallway, the iron grillwork, the patterns, textures, and all the stuff that most everyone else walks by. My partner thinks I'm crazy for zooming in on the minutia--you should see some of my photos from Nepal!

I think the wood on the bed is mahogany. Apparently, the owner of the place was gay and when we would throw parties, he would shut the doors to his bedroom and hide behind the curtains waiting for unsuspecting couples to get their mojo on his bed--all the while he watched.

This is actually just a selection of a whole photo essay I put together from photos I took from the place and borrowed from the web. I don't know if folks post PDFs on this site and how I might go about doing that, but if anyone is interested I'd be happy to do it. It's such fun and I spend a lot of time putting the bugger together so it would be grand if others who are interested had access to it.

Thanks for the boost, Brig. It's nice to be understood occasionally...

Peace

Brigid wrote:
    Quest,

OMG WOW!!

This is absolutely spectacular!! The early Art Deco is fabulous! Check out those floors, ceilings and walls, not to mention all the fixtures and other pieces. I love that checkerboard dance floor! And the inlay floors. Incredible! Mind blowing! There's still such a strong Art Nouveau presence, which is one of my all time favourite periods. The Hogarth "S" curve, the fruits, feathers scroll work and leaves, those marble fireplaces alone are worth a trip to have a look. Magnificent!! I'm freaking out. The light fixtures still have that delicate Nouveau feel. What is that wood that the bed's made out of and the wall behind it in photo #14? It's driving me crazy!! I just want to touch it, it's so gorgeous! And all those grills!! Is that all iron work? They look like Japanese ocean waves.

You took all the pics I would have taken! I LOVE the detail. If there's a God, that's where she is! lol! Your taste is impeccable. lol! I'm going crazy over that deep blue ceiling in the hallway with the lights along the sides. Fabulous idea!! It's all like some crazy, wonderful dream. I can't think of a place with more celebratory spirit than this. This is just the ultimate!

But my favourite photos of all are #4 and #9 of your engagement day. Those are just beautiful.

Thank you so much for sharing this. I've had an absolute blast looking through those photos. They're so much better than the ones on their official web site. Nice work.

Well, congratulations!! I'm so happy for you! Can't wait for the update pics.
    Oh, what fun! I love weddings!

Thanks again, Quest.

Brigid
  • BrigidBrigid Veteran
    edited May 2006
    Ahhh, mahogany! My very favourite of all, in antique.

I was a floral designer and wedding consultant for many years. If your fiancee's doing anything cool with her flowers let me know so I can drool.

Art Nouveau holds a very special place in my heart and always will. For me it was the last great period of elegance.

Brigid
  • buddhafootbuddhafoot Veteran
    edited May 2006
    I'm checking my calendar!

-bf

P.S. I saw questzenner kissing a girl! He was smooching her and sucking down all her coodies! Chris and Leah sittin' in a tree...
    edited May 2006
    Or maybe my girlfriend and I will just go on your honeymoon with you.

Wine tasting in the Napa Valley.

Yum!

-bf

P.S. Does it get any better than being able to honeymoon with buddhafoot!!?!?!?!?
    edited May 2006
    Bring it on--BF--the more the merrier, says me...don't know what Leah would think but, hey, she's only half the equation, right?
  • BrigidBrigid Veteran
    edited May 2006
    OMG! I feel a catastrophe coming on...

LOL!

Brigid
    edited May 2006
    Would this be too formal for your wedding?!?!?!?

-bf
  • edited May 2006
    INothing like good sex to empower a ceremony!

LOL, Simon.

questZENer...what lovely pictures! You two are adorable. Thank you for sharing this with us. The pictures from your engagement day look like Chicago...is it? Or is that somewhere in California?
    edited May 2006
    First to BF: don't you DARE wear MY tux to MY wedding...well, actually, it's not exactly my tux. Mine has bow tie, cumberbund, and pleather rip-off pants. After the ceremony, I'll rip off the pants to reveal, ta-da: a mini-tux pleather G-string underneath! It'll be quite the show stopper! I'm sure my 92 year old grandmother will leave for the other place right then and there. I'm also getting a total body wax, so I expect you'll do the same! Oh, and of course I'm painting my toes to go with dress, as I always do in Summer... :poke:

YogaMama: the background is the Santa Monica Pier. So, it's Santa Monica, Cali in mid-Winter.
    edited May 2006
    Questzener...

That is my wedding outfit - but mine also sports a gut.

-bf
  • BrigidBrigid Veteran
    edited May 2006
    As Sabine might say,

*BUH...LINK*

That man is...well,.. he's...uh...um... *BUH...LINK*

I wonder what it would be like to....um.....oh, nevermind.

Thanks, BF. A lot. (yum)

Brigid