Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Tibetan Book of The Dead Dream

ThailandTomThailandTom Veteran
edited April 2012 in General Banter
This was quite an interesting dream actually, it was combined with another dream which took place I think interwoven into this dream, but the 'plots' if you will were quite disticnt from each other. Anyway I was with 4 other old friends from college and we were with a guide of sorts. I think it may have been a lecturer. We had to scale this incline that had moss and was slippery, so I took my time and found some foot holes etc.

We then all entered a house of sorts and were ntroduced to this woman of about 35 who had dark hair and was quite petite. We all sat down and she began to give a talk. She then brought out from behind her back a book and said it was the Tibetan Book Of The Dead. It was purple and quite extensive (I have not seen this book but of ocurse I have heard of it), and started talking about Buddhism. I noticed that the 4 others with me started talking amongst themselves and mocking the woman and her ideas. I however then showed interest in what she was saying. At the end of it I went to talk to her about buddhism and the book and she asked for my phone number. I replied saying I did not have a phone. When I said this she said don't bother then, it doesn't matter and she left. That is pretty much all I remember now at 4.20pm, funny dream though.

Comments

• SileSile Veteran
    That's pretty intense. I think it's interesting how intense dreams seem (to me) to often have an aspect of "height" - - climbing something difficult, or being on a bridge, or a high road, or actually flying, etc.

To me, that dream seems very significant, or at least, if I'd had it, I would definitely have put it in my list of "ones to remember!"
  • How would you read into that dream yourself? I did think about it a while after, tried relating certain aspects and symbols to my life.