Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

choosing for open mic night at the buddhist service

AMHAMH
edited April 2012 in Arts & Writings
Hi all,

So coming up in a couple weeks is the open mic night at the church I attend. It is a methodist church with a buddhist service at 5 on sundays. Okay it is not always very buddhist in my opinion but nice people and they always include meditation and sometimes pretty great music. The saturday following is the first of my artist working days at the church. I am pretty excited that my idea is coming to fruition and my daughter is even interested in attending (the one I tend to have a tumultuous relationship with)

Okay back on topic, I don't know which peice to read for open mic and both have been posted here. One possibility is the right speech one that had been on the articles page, and another is posted in members only as a fictional piece. If you don't want to read it, it is a more emotional fictional piece, just a scene.

Any opinions?

Comments

• ZeroZero Veteran
    They were both good in their own way - the fiction touched me emotionally and the right speech made me think... what are the crowd like - dreamers or thinkers?
  • Hmm not sure. most of the talks have been very much thinking ones. The crowd seems pretty serious, educated on buddhism at least, not much that we have done that is emotional.

I am considering bringing both and reading the crowd a little before deciding.

And I appreciate the compliment, thank you
  • DakiniDakini Veteran
    I might vote for "Right Speech". It's relevant to pretty much all religions/spiritual traditions. A good sermon-type topic. (Call me a traditionalist. )
  • ZeroZero Veteran
    ;) like the reading the crowd before deciding... injects some excitement to it! If its your first run then perhaps the Right Speech talk - that was thoughtful...
  • I'd definitly go for emotional first.