Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Colbert Roasts Bush... On C-SPAN!!!

not1not2not1not2 Veteran
edited May 2006 in General Banter
Stephen Colbert was invited to speak at Saturday night's White House Correspondents dinner. I'm not sure they were expecting this though:

part1
|part2|part3

Anyway, my jaw was dropping for almost the entirety of this. Enjoy!

_/\_

Comments

• not1not2not1not2 Veteran
    edited May 2006
    Here's a link to the transcript:
    http://dailykos.com/storyonly/2006/4/30/1441/59811

_/\_
    metta
  • MagwangMagwang Veteran
    edited May 2006
    Check out the look on Dunbya's face after he shakes Colbert's hand - right at the end of part 3...he looks pretty pi$$ed to me...
  • BrigidBrigid Veteran
    edited May 2006
    Holy #$%*!! That man has balls!! I wish I had high speed so I could watch it. I can't believe he had the guts to do that. Jon Stewart sure knows how to pick 'em! I loved Stephen Colbert before but now he's a true hero to me, right up there next to Michael Moore. And I'm sure George didn't understand any of it. Colbert talks way too fast.

LMAO!!
    Brigid
  • buddhafootbuddhafoot Veteran
    edited May 2006
    Those were pretty funny. You could tell in a couple of spots that he was hitting a little too close to home.

Don't forget to check out this Bush impersonator...

http://www.break.com/index/bushimposter52.html

-bf
  • BrigidBrigid Veteran
    edited May 2006
    I also really like the fact that Stephen Colbert knows what the expression "pulling yourself up by your own bootstraps" means. You hear people misusing it all the time by expressing it as something that people need to do in order to be successful in life. But the expression means the complete opposite. It's impossible to pull yourself up by your own bootstraps. So it means that something is impossible to do and you shouldn't even bother trying because it would be like "pulling yourself up by your own bootstraps".

He's a smart guy and I'm glad that he's as irritated about the American politician's penchant for misusing that expression as I am. I'm so sick of the far right blaming poverty on the poor I could just spit. Stephen Colbert is an immense comfort. I love him.

Brigid
  • edited May 2006
    After hearing it mention on the Daily Show and the Colbert Report, I had to search for it. So I did. I just finished watching it from the C-Span website a little while ago.
    Stephen. Colbert. Is. God.

I wonder if Bush got the sarcasm? :usflag:
    "This administration is not sinking. This administration is soaring. If anything, they are rearranging the deck chairs on the Hindenburg!" That's gotta be my favorite quote from that.

I heard that c-span was asking for the videos on other websites to be removed... Well, if those were, you can watch it here. http://www.c-span.org/search/basic.asp?ResultStart=1&ResultCount=10&BasicQueryText=Correspondents%27+Dinner&image1.x=19&image1.y=0 It's the first result. Colbert's speech starts at about 1 hour and 4 or 5 minutes. Enjoy!:)