Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Buddha have a human frequncy of a million?

edited May 2006 in Philosophy
I thought this was interesting...(an excerpt from the site)

http://www.journey-to-success.com/success_step_one.html

The Nature Of Energy
Everything in the Universe is made of energy. Did you know that there is more energy in a cubic centimeter of the empty space in front of your face, than the energy contained in all the matter (the seemingly solid stuff) in the entire Universe? This is amazing! Your thoughts are pure energy. Energy isn’t bad or good. It just Is. It never goes away—it constantly transforms into other forms. Nothing is actually solid—what appears solid is just energy vibrating at a really slow rate. If you hold your hand out in front of your face, you may think you see something solid. But if you look at it through a really powerful microscope, you would actually see tiny molecules vibrating at a very high rate, with empty space in between them.
Our thoughts are one of the most powerful forms of energy known to mankind. They have the power to transform non-physical (un-manifest) ideas into physical (manifest) form. It’s just a matter of learning how to harness that power and using it to your advantage. And the key to understanding and using that power is your own belief that it truly is possible.

You Give Off Good Vibes!
Your body is made up of energy, vibrating at various frequencies. It is a receiver and a sender of information far beyond the five senses. The human body naturally emits electromagnetic energy (and quite possibly even more complex forms of energy as yet undiscovered). An electromyograph is a device that measures the electrical activity present in muscles, but it has also been used to detect the electrical presence of the human “energy field” by professor of kinesiology at UCLA Valerie Hunt (Holographic Universe, by Michael Talbot, pgs. 174-176). (I highly recommend this book for anyone who wants a fascinating and easy read about new theories in quantum physics, plus lots of mind-boggling research that offers an alternative explanation for paranormal phenomenon, such as near death experiences, stigmata, telekinesis, and telepathy).
Hunt’s most startling research has shown that people who emit lower frequencies tend to function at a lower level of consciousness (around 250 cps, or cycles per second, which is approximately the level of the body’s biological frequencies). These people also tend to focus on the material world, rather than on spiritual awareness. But people who are psychic or who have healing abilities will vibrate at frequencies of 400 to 800 cps. Hunt also found that people who have frequencies above 900 cps are considered “mystical personalities”. In fact, she has encountered frequencies as high as 200,000 cps in highly mystical individuals, or avatars.
So when we hear about “raising our vibrations”, or about someone who “gives off good vibes”, there is actually a scientific basis for these remarks!

Assuming this is true, what cps would you consider HHDL to have?

Comments

• federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator
    edited May 2006
    Can't tell...it appears to have shot off the scale....! :lol:
  • BrigidBrigid Veteran
    edited May 2006
    This is very interesting, Identityless. I've come across many discussions of human energy frequencies caused by the vibration of our energy and the different frequencies that may be emitted in different realms of existence. This idea and its correlation to science sets gentle bells ringing in me. I can't wait until we know more about this and what it means in a spiritual sense.
  • edited May 2006
    Hello all,
    Don't know about the Avatars, but since the brain functions on both a chemical/electrical balance the "vibes" would make some sense. I have also read ideas about theories that profess the fact that if a human was able to speed up their energy they could by a stretch "walk" through walls, doors, things we see as being solid.
  • ajani_mgoajani_mgo Veteran
    edited May 2006
    Hmmm... I'd have remembered endings such as those from A Space Odyssey:2001, where one of the astronauts got transformed into pure energies, free from physical constraints...

Anyway, the Buddha spoke about an Existence not in human terms... Was Energy discovered back then? If not, could this mean something?
  • edited May 2006
    Assuming this is true, what cps would you consider HHDL to have?
    In the book "The Wisdom of Forgiveness", Victor Chan follows HHDL and writes about his experiences. He records a meditation session, and this is what he describes as he tries to play back the footage:

"I took out my video gear to take a look at the morning footage. I turned on the camcorder and rewound the tape to the beginning. The first images on the small LCD screen were of the Dalai Lama sitting behind his desk in the meditation room. He was getting ready to start his meditation. The lighting was adequate and the sound was good. Suddenly, horizontal stripes leaped across the screen. Instead of the wall mural, thre was nothing but semitransparent bars in different shades of gray. The Dalai Lama had dissapeared from the screen entirely.'

'I jabbed the fast forward button. The stripes jiggled and danced. I stopped the tape and pressed play. Stripes. Nothing but Stripes. I rewound the tape to the beginning and played back the first frames. The colors were murky because of the low light, but the images of the Dalai Lama about to get into the lotus position were sharp. The meditation footage had been obliterated. I rewound and played the tape over and over again until the battery started to run out."

So to answer your question, HHDL's cps would most likely be through the roof.
  • BrigidBrigid Veteran
    edited May 2006
    That's interesting but then why would the footage of Thich Quang Duc, who burned himself alive while in a deep meditation in protest of the crackdown on Buddhism during the war in Vietnam, be so clear? Surely his level of meditation had to have been very deep in order to prevent him from uttering a single sound or even moving a muscle during the process.
  • edited May 2006
    Good question Brigid, I obviously wouldn't have the answer for that. I just found it very interesting what Victor Chan described about his experience.
  • federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator
    edited May 2006
    "A little respect, a little reverence, fo the things we cannot see...."

Oh, I'm on a roll tonight....!! :D
  • not1not2not1not2 Veteran
    edited May 2006
    Brigid wrote:
    That's interesting but then why would the footage of Thich Quang Duc, who burned himself alive while in a deep meditation in protest of the crackdown on Buddhism during the war in Vietnam, be so clear? Surely his level of meditation had to have been very deep in order to prevent him from uttering a single sound or even moving a muscle during the process.

Digital vs. Analog? maybe

_/\_
    metta
  • BrigidBrigid Veteran
    edited May 2006
    LOL!
  • not1not2not1not2 Veteran
    edited May 2006
    Brigid wrote:
    LOL!

Actually, I was only half-joking. Digital photography works differently than Analog photography. While I have no idea whether there is anything to Victor Chan's experience, digital devices are much more susceptible to electromagnetic signals. Considering what I've read about the brainwave scans of advanced meditators in states of concentration, this phenomenon does not seem entirely impossible. One would have to do repeated studies of this sort, with the permission of advanced practitioners, in order to draw any solid conclusions on this subject.

Interesting stuff. Not sure what to think, though based on some personal experienced, I don't doubt the possibility that living beings have some sort of an electromagnetic element to their existence.

_/\_
    metta
  • BrigidBrigid Veteran
    edited May 2006
    O.K. I can see how that might work. Plus, there was fire surrounding Thich Quang Duc. Maybe fire interrupts emission. I can't help being skeptical, though, because it sounds like Hollywood. But I have experience with EMF, too, so who knows? It's pretty interesting though.
  • ajani_mgoajani_mgo Veteran
    edited May 2006
    A brainwave state far beyond any psychologist could measure?