Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

A Potato Chip Meditation

edited May 2006 in Buddhism Basics
I found this to be helpful and amusing as one new to practicing mindfullness.

A Potato Chip Meditation
Here's the challenge: to taste--really, fully, mindfully taste--what you're eating.
By Edward Espe Brown
Reprinted with permission from "Tomato Blessings and Radish Teachings: Recipes & Reflections" by Edward Espe Brown (Riverhead Books).

http://www.beliefnet.com/story/17/story_1742_1.html

Comments

• LincLinc Site owner Detroit Moderator
    edited May 2006
    Wow! Great read. I really enjoyed that, thank you :)
  • federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator
    edited May 2006
    What a tasty treat!!

Thanks aing...very appropriate... good post.
  • BrigidBrigid Veteran
    edited May 2006
    I'm going to try that as soon as we get some chips and some good oranges. I'll come back here and post my impressions.

Thanks, Russell.
  • federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator
    edited May 2006
    Get the lo-fat variety...They are even more disgusting.... :lol:
  • edited May 2006
    Read the raisin meditation years ago in " Wherever you go, There you Are"- Jon Kabat Zinn. Hadn't thought of trying this with chips, thanks for the bell.
  • edited May 2006
    Ahhhhh! I want to try it out! But i reckon it will just kill me! hehe