Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Dharma Combat! Begin

2»

Comments

• seeker242seeker242 Zen Florida, USA Veteran
    Negative terms are made negative by one's own mind, if you don't make them negative, they aren't negative, especially if you are not the one being spoken to!
    I think this is just a cop out, sorry. Did you think this was a private conversation?

Was someone talking to you?

• DavidDavid A human residing in Hamilton, Ontario, Canada. Ancestral territory of the Erie, Haudenosaunee, Huron-Wendat, Mississauga and Neutral First Nations Veteran
    I was reading it so yes.

Are you offended that I found something tangible in your post to "dharma battle" with?
    edited June 2012
    I was reading it so yes.

Are you offended that I found something tangible in your post to "dharma battle" with?
    No, I'm not offended by that. But, I am curious as to how you can come into an interaction between two people, who are play fighting, with smiles on their faces no less, and then say something like "Hey, you two should stop fighting! You're hurting each other! That's not nice, that's so mean! Why are you being so mean and negative to each other!"???

If you did that to someone in real life, perhaps to some kids in the playground. Or two boxers sparring, or two martial artists practicing their techniques on each other. If you did that in real life, First, they would probably be perplexed or perhaps even completely baffled that you would say such a thing. Or perhaps they would laugh at you and tell you to just go away. And then after you went away, they might say something like "Is that guy crazy? What's wrong with that guy? He thought we were really fighting, LOL" or something like that.

• DavidDavid A human residing in Hamilton, Ontario, Canada. Ancestral territory of the Erie, Haudenosaunee, Huron-Wendat, Mississauga and Neutral First Nations Veteran
    If you didn't want others to comment you should have used the private message feature.

I was just hoping for perhaps a bit of insight. Hey, I swear too in certain company and I know where you're coming from there. However I don't understand how it is useful when trying to learn or teach the dharma.

Perhaps I should not have said anything but I am curious by nature.

Sorry.
    If you didn't want others to comment you should have used the private message feature.

I was just hoping for perhaps a bit of insight. Hey, I swear too in certain company and I know where you're coming from there. However I don't understand how it is useful when trying to learn or teach the dharma.

Sorry.
  • Dosn't look like PHennings12 did any 'play fighting' so how could there have been an interruption.
    edited June 2012

Sorry.
    Sorry, I wasn't trying to learn or teach the dharma and I was not trying to offend you, my apologies. :) I was just asking someone else a question in a very typical zen combat style. I put a link to Wikipedia explaining that particular style so people could understand it. @ozen The fact that he didn't respond directly to my questions, I don't see how that's relevant.

edited June 2012
    Lol... I took it too far. I didn't really mean to come off too serious there.

There are alot of aspects of Zen I really dig and I'm told I'm more Zen than anything else (I do tend to gravitate in that direction, do zazen, walking meditation and would take TNH as my teacher if I knew him personally.

I just don't understand the fascination of insult in jest.

I enjoy reading your posts otherwise and don't wish you to think badly of me so let's let it go.

I hope I havn't ruined your thread.

But it looks like it will be buried on page 2 in a second anyways... Odd.
  • Relevant in that ourself could have only interrupted one individual.
  • No snappy comeback? Well, is it time to tally up the points?
    +10 for good behavior! LOL :D
  • Oppresser pup wins, by a mile.