Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Take the money and run...

JeffreyJeffrey Veteran
edited June 2012 in Arts & Writings
(moderator note: maybe begginers forum or arts and writing, I'm not sure? )

I had this idea about buddhist teachings. I fantasized that song 'take the money and run' had a relationship to the Buddhadharma.

We take a taste and then run. There is nothing wrong with that. But my view is that there is no 'money'. We came into this world with nothing and everything we gained/learned was compassion. Our mothers carried us to term and our father (and mothers) labored. They brought us up.

So there are these karmic things we have been given. But meditation doesn't give spiritual 'money'. There is nothing to add and nothing to take away. Sure there is calm. But unless we let go of the 'money' of calm we haven't yet attained the third noble truth.

The only 'money' eventually turns into dukkha when it decays.

Comments

• federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator
    Moved to Arts and Writings, for now.... :)
  • PrairieGhostPrairieGhost Veteran
    edited June 2012
    This seemed relevant, hope it's not treading on your thread.