Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Hello (again) everybody!

edited May 2006 in General Banter
greetings! just came back from a pretty hard month, I found myself going back to bad habits, which just came up and grabbed me all of a sudden, I sent a request to cancel my account here ,which thankfully, it wasn't cancelled. I hate what I did, but I can say I did learn something from it, that NO NORMAL LIFE can compare to a moral life. I also found myself losing the ability to give others helpful advice, which literally, was killing me from the inside out.

So all in all, my bad experience was more of a wake up call, i'm sort of glad that it happened, since it helped point out some things that was wrong with me.

anyone here ever have any type of experience like this? Share if you would like

with love, (and some hands itching to write some more replys)
Wes.

Comments

• federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator
    edited May 2006
    Wes - C'mon - sit and write - Untl you write, we can't reply - !!

Glad you came back...
    Brian's a gem - he very rarely cancels anyone's accounts (unless they're a real nasty piece, and that's a common as Rocking-horse doo-doos....) so it's a good thing he 's perceptive enough to know when folks don't really mean it.... ;)

Soooooo....?

Whatcha got to tell then....?

(Hang on - I'm just going to make us a cup of tea, get my slippers, dive into the comfy chair and turn off "Celebrity Love Island" because I'd rather listen to you.....!)
  • BrigidBrigid Veteran
    edited May 2006
    Me. too, Wes. Tell us all about it and feel even better. Unless you want to keep it private. In any event, those kinds of experiences have always been the only truly meaningful ones to me because they forced me to learn, adapt and grow. I've had lots of them! lol! Still do! Life is so different now that I'm starting to see adversity for what it really is; opportunity.
  • buddhafootbuddhafoot Veteran
    edited May 2006
    Yeah... I can't really tell you if I've had any experiences like you've had because I've never kidnapped someone, chained them in my cellar, made them rub themselves with lotion while I've made a dress out of human skin. At least, not lately.

So... I don't know really what to say except that it's good to have you back.

-bf
  • edited May 2006
    well, I went back to my normal rounds, putting people down, extremely harsh language, seclusion from my family(that one hits hard) rapid thoughts on using drugs(something I used to do a long time ago), and really ill-tempered towards other people. I really slumped down this time, thinking that happiness could never be attained, and it was useless to even try to achieve it. I also became more self-centered and selfish. so...yeah, it was not a well time.

But last night I sat and meditated for around 20 minutes (can't hardly get anymore in due to my back, which is something I need to start working on) and, after going a month without it, it was really refreshing, I felt alot more better, I woke up easier, and overall my attitude was more positive.

since i've got myself on the right direction again, this experience has helped me understand my weak spot, which is my grasp. I didn't have a firm grasp on my beliefs, I let it slip away to o easily. So with this lesson in hand, I believe it will be a lot more easier to point out my spots I need to work on.

So I am asking, have you ever had a experience that was rather negative, actually end up helping you?

Reminds me of the "Who knows whats good or bad?" story.

With Love.
    Wes.
  • BrigidBrigid Veteran
    edited May 2006
    So I am asking, have you ever had a experience that was rather negative, actually end up helping you?

Oh, yes, I sure have! In fact, I've had bad experiences in the past that I thought would stay negative forever but when I looked at them the other way, as insights and learning experiences they changed into positive things. I know this is old but the difficult experiences, the slips, setbacks and falls are the only ones we really learn anything from. I've never learned much of anything from my successes, only my "failures". So, in a real sense, there actually are no negative experiences because the bad ones can always be worked with and learned from. We think we're doing permanent damage to ourselves and others when we go through them, or that damage is being inflicted upon us. But it doesn't have to be that way at all, as you've so rightly proven with this thread. We can make amends, we can apologize, we can learn so much and we can vow to stay on guard, understand how and why it happened and not let it happen again. But if it does, that's O.K. too, because sometimes humans have to learn from mistakes over and over again before they really sink in. That's one of the reasons mindfulness is so helpful.

Very good job, Wes. Really well done. Congratulations!

With love,
    Brigid