Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Jesus/Buddhism documentary

chanrattchanratt Veteran
edited June 2012 in Arts & Writings

Discuss

Comments

• TakuanTakuan Veteran
    How about Jesus was trained to be a highly attained yogi?

It's quite possible that he was influenced by Buddhist thought to some degree. He lived in Palestine during the height of Roman occupation, so the idea of him coming into contact with and being influenced by Eastern though is plausible.
  • DakiniDakini Veteran
    edited June 2012
    I'm not getting any videos showing up on my screen. Which videos are these--there's one by the BBC, and there's another one called: Jesus In India.

Somewhere I heard or read that there were Buddhist monks in Egypt during Jesus' time, so that's one possibility--that he studied there during his teens. Then there's the Jesus-in-the-East story, but it's controversial.
  • DakiniDakini Veteran
    edited June 2012
    OK, now I'm getting the films. The 2nd one is a new one to me. @Takuan, who is the guru?