Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Christian Buddhist

2»

Comments

• TheswingisyellowTheswingisyellow Trying to be open to existence Samsara Veteran
    "If a person has conviction, his statement, 'This is my conviction,' safeguards the truth. But he doesn't yet come to the definite conclusion that 'Only this is true; anything else is worthless.' To this extent, Bharadvaja, there is the safeguarding of the truth. To this extent one safeguards the truth. I describe this as the safeguarding of the truth. But it is not yet an awakening to the truth."
    http://www.accesstoinsight.org/tipitaka/mn/mn.095x.than.html
    One may find freedom and liberation in a host of practices, be they Islam, Christianity, Hindism ect. Is there one truth? No. But if one practices a certain religion, it's practices stem from a certain world view. Christianity's view is one of salvation and redemption. Buddhism's view is to understand suffering and to end suffering. These are obviously different takes on the human condition. Can these ideas be bridged and coalesce? Possibly; its ultimately up to the person walking that path.
  • DairyLamaDairyLama Veteran Veteran
    To imagine that there is a single 'answer', be it 'Christian' or 'Buddhist', is to shut our minds to the vastness of Truth.
    I think you're right, but I also think that a vague new-age mix-and-match approach to spiritual practice is unproductive. It's that old thing about digging one deep well instead of lots of shallows ones. And about having the right tools for the job. ;)