Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

NewBuddhist error: Time slippage

LincLinc Site ownerDetroit Moderator
edited July 2012 in NewBuddhist.com
The server's time was slipping ahead incorrectly. By the time I found out, it was over 4 hours ahead. When it was reset to the correct time, it made the most recent posts beforehand appear to be 4 hours in the future.

For the next 3 hours, new comments may appear out of order. There's no simple way to fix this, apologies. Be mindful... or something. :p

Comments

• CloudCloud Veteran
    I was wondering why one of fede's posts hadn't happened yet. Thought I had lost my mind.
  • Wow- you found a Buddhist way to time travel that someone was looking for!
  • DairyLamaDairyLama Veteran Veteran
    Back to the future! :D
  • sndymornsndymorn Veteran
    edited July 2012
    .fixed it's think I
  • federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator
    Higgs-Boson be damned, we've got our very own Chodron collider right here..
  • federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator
    The server's time was slipping ahead incorrectly. By the time I found out, it was over 4 hours ahead. When it was reset to the correct time, it made the most recent posts beforehand appear to be 4 hours in the future.

For the next 3 hours, new comments may appear out of order. There's no simple way to fix this, apologies. Be mindful... or something. :p
    See? This post was created on Friday 6th July....

• SileSile Veteran
    Maybe we should merge this with the time travel thread!
    we can't merge them.. what do you think this is, a string-thread...?!
  • SattvaPaulSattvaPaul South Wales, UK Veteran
    Let's buy one of those new electric DeLoreans and go to the future to prevent all such time slippages once and for all. (or have I got it the wrong way round... should be going to the past..? :eek2: ) No, leave it.
    I thought you looked a bit like him....
    Great Scott!! :D
    edited July 2012
    No, I think he was [edit] of German descent........
    It's nothing to do with descent.. You ought to watch BTTF again :cool:
  • just reinforces my basic personal understanding (which I do not claim to be buddhist or not) which is time is not linear. It makes no sense to me, however left and right are going to be confusing until I get those tattoos :thumbup: :thumbdown:
  • SileSile Veteran
    edited July 2012
    "...so what you're saying is that the convergence of the impending past and the recent future make the danger of time-slips MOST imminent." (Steve Pingry, R.I.P.)
  • ToshTosh Veteran
    I used to have regular time slips in my drinking days. You know, it was like Thursday and I'd meet up with a couple of pals, and the next thing I knew it was Tuesday, with very little recollection of the previous days; and just a bunch of UDIs to show for the missing time.

And once I woke up on a Saturday and got ready to go out, only to discover it was actually Sunday; I remember being gutted!

Time runs more smoothly these days, thankfully.
  • Déjà vu
  • DairyLamaDairyLama Veteran Veteran
    Groundhog day.
    La vie en rose.... :crazy: