Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Earthquake in Indonesia

BrigidBrigid Veteran
edited May 2006 in Buddhism Today
To all our friends in Indonesia:

I'm hoping and praying that you are safe and out of harm's way and that you're able to get to a computer with internet access or telephone service to let your loved ones know how you are.

I'm thinking of you at this terrible time.

Your friend,
Brigid

Comments

• angulimalaangulimala Veteran
    edited May 2006
    brigid,
    on behalf of the indonesians,since probably i am the only indonesian here, i would like to thank you for your sympathy.
    the situation there is still bad, but i think our government with the help of the international friends can handle this as soon as possible.
    as for myself, i'm in good condition cause i live far from jogjakarta.i live in west java,the quake happened in central java.

mettacittena,
    stantsui
  • edited May 2006
    Angulimala,

My prayers and my metta also go out to all those suffering in Yogyakarta right now. I am heartbroken to see the devastation there and to hear about the great loss of life. I stayed there years ago and it is a wonderful place. May those there find help and healing soon.

Peace,

Balder
  • buddhafootbuddhafoot Veteran
    edited May 2006
    Like my girlfriend said...

"You'd think with all the tragedies we've had lately, we'd have the whole "support" thing down. "

I don't watch the news, but the only bit I saw on this is how difficult it still is to get help to those that need it.

I wish the best for all of those suffering in Indonesia at this time.

-bf