Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Our New Pet

edited June 2006 in General Banter
I adopted a cat on Friday and he is wonderful. He is so mellow, and snuggly and sweet. He is 4 years old and came with the name of "Angel". And he loves my daughter. He just follows her around the house and sleeps next to her at night. And he especially likes to take naps on my meditation cushion and mat. Here he is:

Comments

• edited May 2006
    Ahhh...he reminds me of my 'Cassie'. What color are your new friend's eyes?
  • edited May 2006
    They are a silver color - sooooo neat!
  • edited May 2006
    Here is a picture with his eyes open. They look almost "yellowish".
    pet.JPG 27.5K
  • edited May 2006
    Beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeautiful YM!

We have two dogs (one of which is on it's last legs, poor old stick)

We love cats but our son is asthmatic and when he was younger was terrible with cats. He's much better now though - I keep making him cuddle cats to test! Maybe it's time we got one :D

Sas :buck:
  • edited May 2006
    I love cats (I better...I have 5). We have always taken in the abandoned ones, and ones on 'death row'. Lots of 'cat stories' here. :)

It is great that you adopted an adult.
  • edited May 2006
    I haven't seen a white cat in a long time. :) I love sweet, affectionate cats.
  • edited May 2006
    KITTTTTTYYY KAAAAATT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I WANNA KITTTY KAAT .. but my parents won't let me have 1.. so i'll have to wait til i move out....

criess....

I'll have a black and white one and call her tessy
  • buddhafootbuddhafoot Veteran
    edited May 2006
    It looks like a cat.

-bf
  • BrigidBrigid Veteran
    edited May 2006
    Oh, he's beautiful, Yogamama!! Congratulations!!!

I have 5 cats, too, Harlan.

Celebrin,

I love that "Guy who needs a hug"! lol! It's wonderful. Wish I could give you a hug.
  • edited May 2006
    buddhafoot wrote:
    It looks like a cat.

-bf

Do you not like cats very much?
    edited May 2006
    No... I can dig cats.

-bf
  • edited May 2006
    Then I don't get your comment about how it "looks like a cat". It IS a cat! ;)
    edited May 2006
    I was just saying it looks like a cat.

Why are you being so difficult today?

-bf
  • edited May 2006
    We rescued a 6 year old Shih Tzu that was removed from a breeder just last week. He spent entire life crate bound. His first trip was to the groomer, they had to give him three baths to get the smell off. Luckily, we have a dog park nearby, so he's catching on to the housetraining thing. It's been rather humerous watching him discover the world. Dusty1.bmp
  • edited May 2006
    buddhafoot wrote:
    I was just saying it looks like a cat.

Why are you being so difficult today?

-bf

I thought maybe you were saying "it looks like a cat" because you didn't want to say anything mean. I am not being difficult today! Do you have PMS again or something?

We bicker like a brother and sister, don't we??
  • edited May 2006
    Iawa - I love Shih Tzu's so much! They are so soft and cute. How wonderful that you rescused him. I bet he loves you! Can you imagine being a dog and spending your life in a crate?? That is so terribly heartbreaking.
    edited May 2006
    YogaMama wrote:
    I thought maybe you were saying "it looks like a cat" because you didn't want to say anything mean. I am not being difficult today! Do you have PMS again or something?

We bicker like a brother and sister, don't we??

I feel so incredibly close to you, Yoda, that I would love to punch you in the arm and then give you a noogie.

How's that for bro/sis?

-bf
  • edited May 2006
    That's perfect! And after that, I will give you a wedgie. You know the kind where your entire waistband rips off?
    edited May 2006
    Ooooh! That sounds hot.

Asfinktersayswot?

-bf
  • edited May 2006
    Ex-squeeze me? Baking powder?
  • edited June 2006
    And now we have another "pet". An adorable tree frog that has taken up residence in our garden.
  • edited June 2006
    YogaMama wrote:
    And now we have another "pet". An adorable tree frog that has taken up residence in our garden.

Cool! We have all kinds of frogs, we live on a creek lot. I spotted a small box turtle yesterday in the hedge.
  • BrigidBrigid Veteran
    edited June 2006
    Ooooh! I love frogs and turtles. They make me dream a lot when they're around.