Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Shingon.

edited August 2012 in Philosophy
Does anyone have any information on this sect? From what I've read of Wikipedia it is one of the oldest branches of Esoteric Buddhism, but is very secretive so there aren't many books on. I would love to visit them in person, because there is something about the group that I really like, at least from what I've read. Sadly, there are no temples anywhere near me so I can't visit or anything, but I thought I would ask here and see if anyone had experience with them or know of any resources? To be clear I'm not asking anyone to reveal anything they don't want to or anything, I'd just like to learn more about this group.

Comments

• its Esoteric Buddhism without the sexual tantras.

They are not very well established in the west try hawai

also they have a laity sister group callled Shenyo-en the laity group will be more easier to find,they focus on the Nirvana sutra and are a laity Nirvana sutra school.

Peace and love