Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Next time around

SimonthepilgrimSimonthepilgrim Veteran
edited February 2010 in General Banter
This is a "Lotus Lounge" thread: light, not heavy, fun not serious.

During the 'scandal' about Woody Allen's marriage to his step-daughter, he refused to answer any press questions. Apparently, on one occasion, he broke this rule when asked: "If you had your time over again, would you do anything different."

The great comic paused, thought and then replied: "I wouldn't read Moby Dick."

If I had my time over again, I'd.........

.......kiss Tessa Phillips when there was still time.

You?

Comments

• federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator
    edited June 2006
    If I had my time again.....

.....I'd say - "Yes Mother, I WILL continue with my piano lessons....."
  • buddhafootbuddhafoot Veteran
    edited June 2006
    If I had my time again...

I would have made sure Shelley got those bikini bottoms off... oh my!

-bf
  • edited June 2006
    Oh my is right!

If I had my time again, I wouldn't have dated those two men that I wasted so much time and energy on. And no, I did not date them at the same time.
    edited June 2006
    Sounds hot.

Don't worry - it's was only the 9th grade - and I was quite ... scared of the whole "business".

But still... the eye candy! Mmm!

Now... ummm.... uh... where was I?

-bf
  • SimonthepilgrimSimonthepilgrim Veteran
    edited June 2006
    Next time around............

I'd read Trollope a lot sooner.
  • edited June 2006
    Next time around, I would have started studying Buddhism a lot sooner.
    edited June 2006
    Next time around...

I would have never gotten married at 22. I would have been honest and courageous enough to tell this person that I didn't love them enough to marry them - instead of feeling like I was trapped.

-bf
  • SimonthepilgrimSimonthepilgrim Veteran
    edited June 2006
    Next time around,
    I shall
    I shall turn down my scholarship to uni and go to Paris to be the actor I wanted to be and live with Marie-Christine Barrault (truly: we were an 'item' in Let. Sup.!)
  • federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator
    edited June 2006
    If I had my time again, when some bright spark says:-

"How about moving to France...? It's so much better than the UK......":bs: :rant: :tongue2: :lol:
  • edited June 2006
    If I had my time again, I would have gone to college to be a Marine Biologist, like I wanted to when I was in high school.
    edited June 2006
    YogaMama wrote:
    If I had my time again, I would have gone to college to be a Marine Biologist, like I wanted to when I was in high school.

Or an architect.

-bf
  • JerbearJerbear Veteran
    edited January 2010
    Next time around, I would have thought more for myself instead of listening to a bunch of people who knew no different than I. I would have pushed myself more physically even though my doctors and parents said not to. Good thing I have an incredible ability to learn. Also, I would have worked my way through med school. OH, and I might have used less LSD. Fun, but learned nothing about the inner life.
  • RichardHRichardH Veteran
    edited January 2010
    Next time around no stupid drugs as a youth.

Next time around no needless fear for the first thirty-five years.

Next time around I wont overfeed my wiener dog.
  • StaticToyboxStaticToybox Veteran
    edited January 2010
    If I had my time over again I.....

Would not read Moby Dick. Seriously.

I'm sure if I thought about I could think of a list a mile long of things I'd do differently.
    edited January 2010
    Next time around............

I'd read Trollope a lot sooner.

Next time around, I'd be a trollop a lot sooner!!

next time around, I'd let go more......
  • JerbearJerbear Veteran
    edited January 2010
    Fede,
    Being a trollop is over rated. I've done enough for both of us and many other people on the board. Sure it was fun, but........it was fun! Maybe you should have.
  • PalzangPalzang Veteran
    edited January 2010
    Next time around? Where do I start?

Palzang
    edited January 2010
    Jerbear wrote: »
    Fede,
    Being a trollop is over rated. I've done enough for both of us and many other people on the board. Sure it was fun, but........it was fun! Maybe you should have.

Only if you pimp my ride.....:cool: :D
  • JerbearJerbear Veteran
    edited January 2010
    Heck, I can't even keep my files straight let alone pimp a ride. But being easy comes natural to me. My favorite pimped ride was the Finnish metal band. Looked like a speaker when done. I want a car like that except that I would turn the volume down.
  • edited January 2010
    Honestly not meaning to be clever (as if that's possible) but I honestly feel this way-

next time around = next moment around

I have been sensible with my work and haven't pushed my music, next moment around i am going to start giving its some wellie- got a gig next saturday :)
  • comicallyinsanecomicallyinsane Veteran
    edited February 2010
    I'd have never of left CA.
  • edited February 2010
    Imagined you in Cali, That explains a lot; especially the Madness!! thingy.

Next Time Around - OOPS!! too late!!! :lol::lol::lol:
  • JerbearJerbear Veteran
    edited February 2010
    I MISS CALIFORNIA!!!! I want to move back, it's just getting the partner to agree to it!
    edited February 2010
    I left California married and came back divorced. I wish I never went to Las vegas.
  • edited February 2010
    "If I had all the money that I'd spent on drink, I'd spend it all on drink!" Vivian Stanshall
  • edited February 2010
    Hmmm.... no major regrets here. Perhaps I just haven't lived long enough?
    edited February 2010
    Maybe. I love Firefly by the way. I met Joss Whedon a couple years ago. He is totally awesome. He yelled "What's up" into my phone to my friend.
  • edited February 2010
    lol. I wish I was as creative as Joss Whedon :)
    edited February 2010
    I am as creative as Joss Whedon. He's just better at it. LOL
  • PaxPax
    edited February 2010
    lol. I wish I was as creative as Joss Whedon :)

Ditto, he is amazing!

If I had my time over again I...

would take that dive master job in the Caymans at age 25, NOT allowing my girlfriend to hold me hostage with guilt.
  • MountainsMountains Veteran
    edited February 2010
    YogaMama wrote: »
    Next time around, I would have started studying Buddhism a lot sooner.

What he said!

:)
  • KundoKundo Sydney, Australia Veteran
    edited February 2010
    Next time around, I'll strive to recognise my mother's wisdom earlier in life :D
  • KundoKundo Sydney, Australia Veteran
    edited February 2010
    Mountains wrote: »
    What he said!

:)

Yep, what they said :D
  • edited February 2010
    I contemplate what I would have changed in my life, but every time I think "I'll change this or change that" I think of the implications of that change. I wouldn't be who I am today if I changed any of those things. It's those little things in life that make us "us". Maybe I'm not making a lot of sense, but even though I wish I hadn't done certain things in life, I wouldn't change them.
  • MagwangMagwang Veteran
    edited February 2010
    should have gone pro freestyle skier