Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Don't you know who you are?

CloudCloud Veteran
edited September 2012 in Arts & Writings
I'm reading this free book on my Kindle called "THE SEARCH FOR MEANING From the Surface of a Small Planet" by Don Pendleton and came across a section that I couldn't have said better myself. This is really a way anyone could look at life, religious or not.
   Jesus said it best, I think, in responding to the complaints and anxieties of his disciples when he asked them, "Don't you know who you are?"

You are a miracle.

Don't you know who you are? Don't you understand that you are the sum of the ages, the distillation of all that has gone before? Can you not see your place in the grand procession of being, identify with it, participate in it, cooperate with it, add your own essence to it?-contribute to the miracle?-then proudly pass the torch on to those yet to appear?

Don't you know who you are? You are the stars and the planets, the sands and the seas. You, the miracle of creation, are everything that has ever been. What's more-and what's more important-you are everything that ever shall be.

You are atoms and empty space, molecules and living cells, a colony of sentient beings called together from the depths of time to re-experience the world. You are consciousness and understanding, awareness and appreciation, sensation and cognition.

You are a fragment upon which is written all the secrets of creation and existence, and in which is carried the seed of all that can ever be.
Geoff-AllensovaTrillionpoptartTelly03BunksRebeccaS

Comments