Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Attending Shambhala Level 1 Course

Hello all,

It certainly has been a while since I last posted. I'm going to be attending "Shambhala Training level 1" course at my local center. I've heard varying opinions about Shambhala, but I took some initiative and actually visited the center for one of their meditation classes. I quite enjoyed it, and the teachers were very knowledgeable.

Has anyone attended one of these courses?

Comments

• cazcaz Veteran United Kingdom Veteran
    What do they teach in these courses ?
  • According to the site and the meditation instructors, it's a basic meditation seminar mixed with some dharma talks. I believe the topic for all the dharma talks is the shambhala philosophy of "basic goodness".
  • Here's an explanation of Shambhala level 1 training
  • Well, I've just returned from the last day of the course. I have to say it was a very good experience. "Basic goodness", the theme of the course, is a very interesting concept. It's very similar to Buddha Nature, but it's a little simpler to grasp in the beginning. I enjoyed the meditation practice, which consisted of basic mindfulness meditation (both sitting and walking).

caz
  • I'm taking this course this weekend. Kinda nervous but looking forward!
  • I'm taking this course this weekend. Kinda nervous but looking forward!