Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Great audio of Buddha's words.

enjoy

Comments

• This is great, @jll, thank you!
  • edited September 2012

“manopubbangamaa dhammaa manosetthaa manomayaa”

Buddharakkhita (on the accesstoinsight.org website):

“Mind precedes all mental states.”

Thanissaro (on the same website):
    “Phenomena are preceded by the heart, ruled by the heart, made of the heart.”

Mascaro:

“What we are today comes from our thoughts of yesterday, and our present thoughts

build our life of tomorrow; our life is the creation of our mind.”

Byrom:

“We are what we think. All that we are arises with our thoughts. With our thoughts we

make the world.”

Fronsdal:

“All experience is preceded by mind, led by mind, made by mind.

Lal:

”We are what we think, and become what we thought.”

Piyadassi Thera:
    “All [mental] states have mind as their forerunner, mind is their chief, and they are

mind-made.”

Carter and Palihawadana:

“Preceded by perception are mental states; for them is perception supreme; from

perception they have sprung.”

Naarada Thera:

“Mind is the forerunner of … states. Mind is chief; mind-made are they.

Maguire:

“All that we are is the result of what we have thought. It is founded on our thoughts. It

is made up of our thoughts.”
  • federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator
    edited September 2012
    @kowtaaia, sorry... what is the point of your post, exactly? Just asking....
    Edit:
    I think I get it.....I have just listened to it.... I'm already mildly irritated.... and - I do apologise, but it must be an audial thing - the American accent is jarring to me....