Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Right Living

edited May 2005 in Buddhism Today
This is a reminder to all of us to check ourselves in regards to where we stand on The Path. It is very easy for us to go through our daily lives and forget to ask "is my work and career in line with a path to enlightenment?". "Am I doing this for the right reasons?". The modern world offers many career paths that can pay the bills but lead to suffering down the road. Stripper, bartender...these are not necessarily wrong professions but they defnitely are examples of jobs with exceptional pitfalls if one is not careful.
I make many decisions in my career which greatly affect the lives of others. My decisions often affect people I never even meet. Early in my career I made many mistakes and upon analysis I learned these mistakes tended to be the result of WHY I did things rather than HOW I did them. I still make mistakes on occasion but they have definitely lessened in frequency and severity.
I am comfortable that my career is in line with the Middle Path. I recognize the potential pitfalls now and avoid them by always questioning my motives and attitude in performing my job.

Comments

• BrianBrian Detroit, MI Moderator
    edited May 2005
    Very astute advice :)
  • federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator
    edited May 2005
    Oh, Just see the Quotations I have added today..... :)