Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Jesus??

edited June 2006 in Faith & Religion
Hi, Mahayana man here.

Is anyone else wondering on the same strand as me? I was thinking about jesus.
Was Jesus a buddha , a wise man or just a psychopath who thought he was the son of God! Please get back to me , I really want to know other people's views.

May you find peace in the teachings of Lord Buddha
(or anything else you worship)

Mahayana man

Comments

• ajani_mgoajani_mgo Veteran
    edited June 2006
    A Buddha as well as a wise man, in my opinion. :rockon: Jesus rocks (but not so much for his Father), so does the Gautama Buddha.
  • edited June 2006
    Hi,

Thanks for the reply!

Mahayana man
  • edited June 2006
    It's irrelevant and cannot be known.
  • SimonthepilgrimSimonthepilgrim Veteran
    edited June 2006
    Yo Ajani bro! Good to see you.

The whole Jesus 'event' is fascinating but, whatever the truth, which appears unverifiable, the message of love, justice and liberation is what really matters.
  • edited June 2006
    Nice one Simon! Perfect answer! Please keep coming with the replies.

Mahayana man
  • edited June 2006
    Yo Ajani bro! Good to see you.

The whole Jesus 'event' is fascinating but, whatever the truth, which appears unverifiable, the message of love, justice and liberation is what really matters.
    Yes, his message of love is a wonderful thing. It's too bad that so many of his followers do not follow this concept towards others...
  • SimonthepilgrimSimonthepilgrim Veteran
    edited June 2006
    Yes, his message of love is a wonderful thing. It's too bad that so many of his followers do not follow this concept towards others...

I have often imagined Jesus and Buddha bemoaning the fact that they were immediately misunderstood. They are probably sharing a beer and a game of chess at the Queen of Heaven's Arms, down in the rather disreputable dock area of heaven.
  • edited June 2006
    I think there's a story somewhere about the Buddha telling Mara that at last he's discovered Truth and that it will free others. Then he wonders why Mara is smiling and at last asks him. Mara simply laughs and says, "Because I'll organize it for you."
  • edited June 2006
    I want to say that Jesus was a very wise man. Obviously, a lot of the stuff he said is really great. However, the more I critically read the New Testament the more I think that he sounds a lot like a cult leader. And, I guess that would explain a lot. Afterall, all cults start with a bit of truth and nice sounding stories/quotes, but they tell you to forget about your family and just worry about what they have to say, then there's the bloodshed.
  • edited June 2006

I think this phrase is correct ( sort of and no offense to Christians).

Mahayana man
  • ajani_mgoajani_mgo Veteran
    edited June 2006
    Ah! Nicer to see you my dear Simon! :rockon: I had such a horrible and really depressing month before I thought that perhaps I should come back to my Buddhist roots away from my Christian immersion...

Once upon a long long time ago I'd have agreed whole-heartedly to that statement. But when you become friends and get accquainted with some true Christians you'd try and make that statement apply only to those hypocrites, fundamentalists and evangelicals and so on and so forth.

I like that part about Buddha and Jesus, Simon. Hahas, that's really nice! :)

I'm writing a little humble tale on my website on people who get into the Christian heaven and their lives in it and some tough questions, if anyone would care,you may come in and read, it's under "My Senile Stories" :p it's not much currently, but I'll make it an effort to write more...