Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Feelings?

edited June 2006 in Faith & Religion
Hi,

All new people to buddhism. This is a question to you. I am wondering if any is feeling strange or depressed because some people on the site have said so. I also experienced this (but without the depressed bit).

May you find peace in the teachings of Lord Buddha

Mahayana man

Comments

• buddhafootbuddhafoot Veteran
    edited June 2006
    Hi Mahayana man...

I'm not sure that I understand what your question is or what your point is...

People on this site are feeling stranger and/or depressed? I'm sure that could very well be.

I don't exactly know what to do about it!

-bf
  • edited June 2006
    I second that confusion.
  • edited June 2006
    i think, i no what you mean.. perhaps im wrong.
    buddhism for me has a lonely side to it. im wondering if it is because
    we live in a western culture? to add to that... im assuming the majority
    of our aquaintences etc. are not of the like.. therefore we dwell / live in
    this deep awareness much of the time alone?
    again.. not an expert here so just sharing my thoughts.
    i find comfort and much life!! in sharing with people of the like...

however they are few.

for me.. i think i have been buddhist all my life ( being of that disposition / having
    eastern beliefs )......... knowing now where it all comes from and living accordingly
    can be lonely..
    other words come to mind tho to.. peaceful, more loving, hmmm... im checking in
    with myself as i type.. and ya there is a deepness that is hard to discribe.. maybe
    im just lonely period.. tehe..

interesting post tho.
  • edited June 2006
    Hi, Mahayana man here.

I think there is a small lonely period in Buddhism but maybe that is just my view.

May you find peace in thr teachings of Lord Buddha

Mahayana man
  • edited June 2006
    Hi,

You should just think of Lord Buddha and realise that there is loneliness in this world for it is Samsara.

Mahayana man
  • edited June 2006
    Hi,

You should just think of Lord Buddha and realise that there is loneliness in this world for it is Samsara.

Mahayana man

Erm yes, and then do something practical.
  • edited June 2006
    Hi,

All new people to buddhism. This is a question to you. I am wondering if any is feeling strange or depressed because some people on the site have said so. I also experienced this (but without the depressed bit).

Mahayana man

As someone once told me, "It doesn't get better it just gets different."
    For some, actually feeling their feelings without self medicating is strange.
  • edited June 2006
    Peace of Mind: The Truth Beyond Success and Failure

It does not matter to a man of awareness whether he is successful or unsuccessful, well-known or absolutely unknown, powerful or just a nobody. To a man of awareness, these dualities don't matter at all, because awareness is the greatest treasure. When you have it, you don't want anything else. You don't want to become the president, prime minister of a country.

Those who pursue power suffer even in success - they live in the eternal fear that they might lose it. At first they suffered because they were not successful; now after being successful, too, they are suffering because of a feeling of insecurity.
  • SimonthepilgrimSimonthepilgrim Veteran
    edited June 2006
    Iawa wrote:
    Peace of Mind: The Truth Beyond Success and Failure

It does not matter to a man of awareness whether he is successful or unsuccessful, well-known or absolutely unknown, powerful or just a nobody. To a man of awareness, these dualities don't matter at all, because awareness is the greatest treasure. When you have it, you don't want anything else. You don't want to become the president, prime minister of a country.

Those who pursue power suffer even in success - they live in the eternal fear that they might lose it. At first they suffered because they were not successful; now after being successful, too, they are suffering because of a feeling of insecurity.

Many years ago, I was tutor to the young son of the highest-paid executive in the UK. He, his mother and his brothers had arrived, penniless, as refugees. He told me that they used to get really worried when they were down to their last few pounds. He now worried when he was down to his last tens of thousands: different amount, same worry.
  • edited June 2006
    something so simple.. yet few understand