Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Space for feelings on Buddhism.

edited July 2006 in Buddhism Basics
Hi,

I realised that there was not a space for general feelings about buddhism on the site.So I thought I should make one so here it is. If you have any general feelings on the topic then put it in here.

May you find peace in the teachings of Lord Buddha

Mahayana man

Comments

• BrigidBrigid Veteran
    edited June 2006
    Gratitude! I feel overwhelming gratitude that I was able to hear the Buddhadharma and had the opportunity to study and practice it. And great love. Even as I practice equanimity I can't help feeling a great love for my sangha here. And those are just a few feelings...
  • edited June 2006
    I second that brigid, I couldn't have put it better =)
  • BrigidBrigid Veteran
    edited June 2006
    Thanks, dkode!
  • SimonthepilgrimSimonthepilgrim Veteran
    edited June 2006
    I third that. And would add that another feeling is what I would call astonishment.
  • edited June 2006
    Nicely put young man.
  • edited June 2006
    I feel "at home." Like I've come back to something, even though it's not what I was brought up to believe.
  • edited June 2006
    Hi,

Well I feel happy that everyone is so open and happy in the site.Thanks for the replies keep them coming in.

Mahayana man
  • edited June 2006
    Hi,

Please if you have any questions I am happy to answer any of them.

Mahayana man
  • edited June 2006
    Indeed! :grin: How tall am I?
  • federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator
    edited June 2006
    Hi,

Please if you have any questions I am happy to answer any of them.

Mahayana man

Who are you and what do you want?
  • ajani_mgoajani_mgo Veteran
    edited July 2006
    I feel ENLIGHTENED!!! LOL.
  • edited July 2006
    I think you all have said it very well..........I can only add......Peaceful.........

Buddhism gives me a sense of great peace. Yes, like going home.
  • edited July 2006
    Hello all,
    thankful, it helps me cope with work.
  • JerbearJerbear Veteran
    edited July 2006
    I generally feel astonished at the wisdom of the Buddha. He hit it on the head 2500 years ago. The thing that really astonishes me is that it is so applicable to any time period.
  • edited July 2006
    The self-inquiry is what really attracted me to Buddhism If he said, 'well you have to believe this or you will burn in some place I can't prove exists,' than I would have never even contemplated Buddism. 'Discover for oneself,' is what I really liked.
  • JerbearJerbear Veteran
    edited July 2006
    KOB,
    Yeah, that whole "Come and see" not "Come and believe". I'm an intelligent person able to figure out a number of things for my self. I do well with an outline, which what the Four Noble Truths and Noble Eightfold Path are. The idea that we are really our own salvation resonated with me also. What you put into it is what you get out.
  • edited July 2006
    Confidence!
  • XraymanXrayman Veteran
    edited July 2006
    Esau, nice avatar! LOVE pulp-fiction.
  • BrigidBrigid Veteran
    edited July 2006
    Confidence!
    Oh, yes! Definitely! How could I have forgotten that? Confidence was one of the first things I noticed in myself after a few months, confidence in myself, in others and in the process itself.
    Thanks for the reminder, Jake. It's sooooo true!

Xray,

Love that new avatar! Soooo cool!
  • XraymanXrayman Veteran
    edited July 2006
    Thanks. PM me for "gods" sake...
  • angulimalaangulimala Veteran
    edited July 2006
    Indeed! :grin: How tall am I?
    :)is this a koan?my answer is your height is the length of your body from the top of your head to the sole of your feet
  • federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator
    edited July 2006
    or a full double arm-span....fingertip to fingertip.

Snotty little know-all. :rolleyesc :D