Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Guild Wars 2!

So does anyone else play it? I just got it as a gift from a friend of mine a few days ago. so far it is absolutely AMAZING! There are nice, fun quests. Dynamic events that actually make it feel like there is a story there progressing along, not to mention personal quests that tell the tale of your character. Beyond that there is Roleplaying, PvP and all sorts of different types of people packed onto each server. I myself play on the Tarnished Coast server should any of you want to join. Sure you have to pay I think $50 or so for the game itself? but after that there are no subscription fees at all for full membership. In fact outside of the base cost for the game, you don't have to spend a penny to get everything it has to offer.

And the game is PACKED too, I absolutely love it! the combat is amazing and intuitive, not half as complex as WoW's yet you still need to get the hang of stringing your combos together along with your character's actual skills. Plus aside from the occasional Troll, the playerbase seems on the up and up. I was just walking down the road in the middle of nowhere when a group of adventurers approached me. They needed someone who was capable of doing a lot of damage over a very large area, and luckily I fit the bill. They were wonderful people, and such a random occurance landed me on a two hour adventure into a dangerous dungeon, and I gained a few new friends.

The graphics and environments and out of this world as well. The City of Divinity's Reach for example is as massive as a city should be. It is very easy to get lost wandering down its countless streets and alleyways. And the views are to die for. The world map is absolutely massive as well. Each region is separated by a loading screen, but I'd give a solid estimate that each region is at least 1/4 of the entire world map of WoW. Throw in that there are over a dozen regions, each with its own storyline, quests, and possibly unique race of people with stories steeped in lore, and it is by far the best MMO released to date. I would be confident in saying that it blows WoW out of the water, and the first Guild Wars does not even come close to how good Guild Wars 2 is.

Most of the NPC's have great voice acting as well, and the game can get quite cinematic. Why the first boss I was forced to fight was a massive Earth Elemental, bt only its hands were exposed. So here I was battering away at two massive skeletal arms as they charged up a spell that would have devastated the nearby city. The classes are all fun too, I haven't found one yet that was unbalanced or clunky.

In conclusion... if you like MMO's, then this is the game for you.

Comments

• I gave up cable Internet because of WoW. But it sounds terrific.
  • Do you know if there is a clan, clan D.A.R.K on the server you are on?
  • ZaylZayl Veteran
    @Jeffrey I haven't seen them. If you don't know what server they are on the list is absolutely massive, so the chances of them being on mine are a little slim, sorry to say. Why what's up?