Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

happy vesak day

angulimalaangulimala Veteran
edited May 2005 in Sanghas
ho ho ho happy vesak day to you all,
i went to the vihara(temple) to attend the vesak day ceremony 2 days ago, it's been a year since the last time i went to the temple,my back hurt a little cause by prolonged lotus style sitting.the vesak presents are quite impressing,especially the cd's about bodhidharma's life. what did you do on vesak day?

Comments

• federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator
    edited May 2005
    Traditionally, Buddha's Birthday is known as Vesak or Visakah Puja (Buddha's Birthday Celebrations). Vesak is the major Buddhist festival of the year as it celebrates the birth, enlightenment and death of the Buddha on the one day, the first full moon day in May, except in a leap year when the festival is held in June.

Don't say you haven't been warned for 2008..... incidentally, the year of the Chinese Olympic games.... support or Boycott? (Should b a new thread, really..... :o )
  • federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator
    edited May 2005
    I would like to say I spent it in careful meidtation, contemplation and reflection.... but that wouldn't be true.... *beat me with a sound bunch of stinging nettles* it passed me by.... but given that in this God-forsaken (and I use the term advisedly!!) country, nothing spiritual is ever celebrated by the masses unless there's something in it for them, this will be hardly surprising. I vow to do better next year.... :)