Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Sanghas in Los Angeles?

Hello, I'm new here. I've been attempting to find a Kagyu/Nyingma sangha here on the Westside in Los Angeles. My intent is to deepen my practice and find a teacher. However, I've been experiencing difficulty finding a Sangha that seems solid and well-organized. This is LA, and there are many options (I've checked Buddhanet- and the list is small), but some groups seem to come and go, others are very small, some receive teachings from DVDs, etc. I can't seem to find a place that is consistent and has solid teachers I can easily interact with. At this point, just to get a routine going, am considering Shambala and Against the Stream (am in my 40s, in recovery and from the alt scene, so ATS seems comfortable but am not sure about it giving me the guidance i need).
Anyone have any suggestions or advice?

Comments